~Chapter 20~

Let's pretend it's not 30 days 'til Christmas and pretend like it's still Halloween because I held off on this for so long.

-The Night Of The Halloween Dance-

Your Pov

"Lily! Hurry up!" You shouted from outside the bathroom door.

"You can't rush perfection!" She shouted back.

"I've been ready for the past half hour and you aren't even remotely ready. James and Remus have been waiting outside for the past hour as well."

She then opened the door and said, "I beg to differ, I am ready."

"Well then, let's go." You say, walking towards the door.

You opened the door and walked down stairs, tripping over yourself.

Remus and James were sitting on the couch, thankfully, they hadn't seen you fall.

"Ahem."

They both turned around, flabbergasted. Remus was blushing like a mad man, where as James, well, he just stared at Lily.

"Earth to James." Lily said, waving her hand in his face.

"Remus, are you okay?" You asked him.

"Wh- yeah, I'm perfectly fine. It's just...you look amazing."

You looked at the floor and blushed. "Thanks Remus, you look just as, if not more amazing. Now shall we?"

"Thanks, and we shall." He replied, taking your hand.

You and Remus walked hand-in-hand down to the Great Hall.

"Ugh, why did I wear heels? I regret it now." You say.

"I mean, if you ask me, I think they make you look great, and plus you're finally close to my height." Remus replied. You playfully hit his arm. You looked out of the giant windows in the corridor and saw a beautiful full moon.

"The moon looks lovely tonight, don't you think?" You ask, looking into Remus's eyes.

"Oh, uh, yeah, it's nice." He seemed nervous. You entered the Great Hall, still hand-in-hand with Remus and saw a huge crowd of people in the center of the room, dancing to a slow song. James and Lily came in behind you, not even acknowledging your existence and going straight to dance.

"Um, would you maybe, like to dance?" Remus asked you.

"I'd love to, Remus." You replied.

You guys danced to a slow song and Remus twirled you around, which made you feel like you were in a Disney movie and with your Prince Charming.

(I had to include this because it was way too cute not to include.)

You danced to a few more songs, but then both of you got tired and sat down.

"Well, that was fun." You said, grinning from ear to ear.

"Yeah, I'm glad I got to spend some time with you." Remus said.

You both started to lean in. This was it.

"I-I have to go." Remus said, standing up and running towards the exit, James, Sirius, and Peter all following him.