~Chapter 11~

Remus Pov

Lily paused for a moment before saying, "I never said she doesn't." Then she walked away.

So, Y/N does have a crush on me? Or was I just hearing things? I shook my head and shoved it to the back of my mind. Right now, my main concern was finding out what was up with Y/N. I opened the compartment door back up.

"Y/N, can I talk to you...alone?" I asked. She nodded and we found another empty compartment. She sat across from me and I stared directly into her alluring E/C eyes.

"Y/N, be honest with me. What's gotten into you? One minute you're all playful and nimble and the next you're acting like a completely different person." I said, keeping eye contact.

"Remus, I-" She started. She didn't finish her sentence, she was too busy playing with the charm bracelet I gave her.

"Y/N, please just tell me." I said, grabbing her hand, which caused her to blush furiously.

"Remus, please just drop it. It's really nothing." She replied, pulling her hand anyway just enough to where only our fingertips were touching.

"It can't be nothing if it causes you to act like a completely different person," I said, making eye contact again. "Please just tell me, I can help you."

Your Pov

You sighed and pretended to give in. "Well, I guess I've just been feeling a little homesick." You lied. You felt bad for lying to Remus, you really did. But you didn't want him to worry anymore.

He stared at you for a second. "Well, if that was really the reason, why didn't you just say so?" He asked. All you did was shrug. You guys just stared into each other's eyes until you asked,

"Remus, how do you deal with heartbreak?"
"Why do you ask?" He replied.
"Just in case the guy I like doesn't share the same feelings." You answered.

He raised an eyebrow at you. "Well," He started. "Chocolate. Besides, better a broken heart than a broken neck, right?"

"I thought you'd come up with a better answer than that but, okay." You replied. You looked out the window and saw Hogwarts coming into view.

------------------------------------------

You, Lily, and the Marauders made it up to the castle. You didn't even care that dinner was about to start.

"Hey, Y/N, where are you going?" Remus asked.

"Oh, um, I'm not that hungry. I'm just going to go back to the common room and study or something." You replied. He looked kind of suspicious at first but then just nodded.

You were making your way through the corridor, just minding your own business when a voice you recognized spoke.

"Look who we have here. The little Gryffindor mudblood."

Lucius Malfoy. Of course it was Malfoy. His gang was probably with him too.

You quickly grabbed your wand and spun around. There stood Lucius, accompanied by his little Slytherin gang.

"Malfoy." You simpled responded.

"What're doing roaming the corridors alone? Shouldn't you be with your little boyfriend?" Lucius questioned.

"Remus isn't my boyfriend." Man, it killed you to say that.

"Oh, I see. So he wouldn't be as heartbroken as I hoped if I killed you." Lucius replied.

Remus Pov

I was worried about Y/N. What if something happened? I pushed my plate away.

"You know what, I'm not that hungry either. I'll be in the common room." I said, standing up from the table.

I went down the same corridor, turned the corner, and there was Y/N, with a Lucius Malfoy all up in her face.

"What're doing roaming the corridors alone? Shouldn't you be with your little boyfriend?" Lucius questioned.

"Remus isn't my boyfriend." Man, it killed me to hear her say that.

"Oh, I see. So he wouldn't be as heartbroken as I hoped if I killed you." Lucius replied.

I peeked around the corner and saw that Lucius had his wand to Y/N's throat, not to mention, she couldn't exactly run, Lucius had her pinned to the wall. She had her wand clutched tightly in her hand, but it was soon launched across the corridor. Y/N was now left defenseless against four other people who all had their wands pointed at her as well.

At this moment, I didn't care what happened to me, so I went running around the corner.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here." Lucius said, his wand still pointed at Y/N.

"I'm trying my best to be polite, but I swear if you move that wand a centimeter closer to her, I will not hesitate to hurt you." I said firmly.

"Oh, really now?" Lucius said, moving his wand closer.

"Stupefy!"  I yelled, stunning Lucius, giving Y/N a small window of time for her to get her wand. A flash of red light whizzed past me. "Stupefy!"  I heard Y/N yell, her spell hitting Bellatrix smack in the face. I rushed over to Y/N to make sure she was okay.

"Remus, I'm okay, I'm okay." 
"Y/N, you are anything but okay." I replied. There was a gash across her face, and she was limping a little bit, using me to help her stay up.

Your Pov

You had to use Remus to make sure you didn't fall over.

"Remus, I'm fine, just lightheaded...." You said.

"Y/N, you need medical attention. You are absolutely not okay." He replied.

"Remus, you also need medical attention." 

"I don't care about myself, you need it more than I do." He said.

And then everything went black.