~Chapter 16~

Your Pov

You struggled to get out of bed the next morning. Your head was pounding, you were surprised you actually made it down to breakfast without falling over. Even when you made it down, yes, you were hungry, but felt too sick to your stomach to even take a bite of anything.

"Y/N, are you feeling okay?" Remus asked.

"Wha- oh yeah, I'm fine." You answered.

"Maybe you should sit today out." Lily said.

"No Lily, I'm not going to let something as stupid as a common cold make me miss class." You replied sternly.

"C'mon Y/N, I'm taking you back to the common room." Remus said, standing up from the table.

"No, Remus, I'm fine."

"Remember what happened last time you said you were fine?" He replied. You still a scar from that. "Yeah I do, I'm still here aren't I?" You answered. All he did was roll his eyes and help you get up. You stumbled around before latching onto Remus.

-------------------------------------------

"Right," Remus said after getting you situated. "Now, you're going to stay there until I come back, okay?" 

"Remmy, whlist I appreciate your concern, I can't miss class. Besides, I can take care of myself, you know." You replied.

"Too bad," He said. "Have fun!" Before you could say anything, he was already gone.

"Why did I fall in love with such a nerd?" You mumbled, smiling to yourself.

-------------------------------

It had only been an hour, but you were already bored out of your mind. Now that you really thought about it, the Gryffindor common room wasn't as exciting as you had thought. Then an idea popped into your head. 

You wanted to be productive, but without anyone knowing you'd left the common room. You rushed upstairs to the dorm that all the Marauders shared and rummaged through James's stuff until you found his Invisibility Cloak, shoved at the very bottom. 

Sure, most people would use it to sneak into the corridors at night, or use it as you and James had, to go get food at midnight. But you, you used it to sneak into the library.

A few hours later, you checked your watch: 2:45 PM.  You either had to leave now to convince Remus you'd stayed like he told you, or leave later and get caught.

You made your way through the corridor, making it to the Fat Lady five minutes before Remus would get out of class. "Balderdash." You said. The portrait swung open and you went back up to the Marauder's dorm, put James's cloak away, and sat back down where Remus had told you to stay.