11 | Goodbyes are Hard

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I lay on the couch for about five minutes before I heard another door behind me open and footsteps following the noise. "Y/N?" Lavender's soft voice whispered uncertainly, her footsteps leading over to my exhausted body before I felt the couch sink next to me. "Hm?" was all I said in reply, my eyes closed. "What are you doing in here? I mean, I thought you were still asleep." I lifted my head and looked at her. "What time is it?" She looked surprised by the question but looked over at a microwave before telling me that it was almost one in the afternoon.

"Do you have a shower?" I asked, sitting up and glancing out the large window where I could see a few houses with lights on inside. "Yeah, want me to wash your clothes too?" I nodded and gave her a grateful look. "Thank you." She smiled and stood up, pointing to a door that must've been the bathroom. "No problem. Just put your clothes in the hamper and I'll have 'em back to you when you're finished."

I nodded and walked over to the bathroom, opening the door and instantly spotting the huge shower with one of those rainmaker faucets on the ceiling.

Hell yeah.

I closed the door behind me and stripped down before stuffing all my clothes into a large black hamper. I turned on the shower and pulled the curtain to cover me up, standing under the warm water for a few seconds before starting to untangle my hair and wash myself.

Half an hour later, I turned off the shower and grabbed a clean towel, wrapping it around my body before stepping out of the shower and seeing my clothes folded up on top of the toilet seat. I quickly dried myself off and wrapped my hair in a towel before putting my now clean clothes on and starting to work on my wet hair.

I rubbed the towel in my hair a few times before putting the towel in the hamper and starting to finger comb my hair. Because I'm lazy, I just decided to let it air dry so that I wouldn't have to deal with aching arms for holding a hair dryer for ten minutes. Yeah, I don't care about my appearance that much. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Lavender sitting on the couch with three cups of coffee sitting on a coffee table while she tried to fix Sammy's tangled hair.

"I swear, your hair is bound determined to make me frustrated," Lavender snarled while combing out several tangles. I let out a snicker and sat down on the couch next to Sammy who looked ready to hit his sister. "Did you get a good nights sleep?" Lavender asked, somewhat taming Sammy's hair. I shrugged. "More or less."

Lavender reached over and handed me a coffee cup before standing up and rushing into her room. I had only taken one sip of the hot drink before Lavender walked back out holding a black jacket. "I found your other jacket on the floor in the bedroom and wasn't able to clean it because of all the stains, so I had Tyler make you a new one," she explained, handing me the new jacket.

I slipped on the warm jacket and noticed that the sleeves were especially long, just how I liked it. The thick material was loose against my skin but hugged my chest when I zipped up the jacket. The bottom of the jacket ended right above the bottom of my ribcage, kinda like G's. The collar was so high that it brushed the bottom of my ears and covered my neck completely, making me look kinda like a ninja when I pulled it all the way up.

I left the jacket unzipped and gave Lavender a surprised look. "Tyler was able to make this in half an hour?" Lavender chuckled and nodded. "He's amazing with a needle and thread, even though he looks like he belongs in a blacksmith." I let out a chuckle along with her and took another sip of my coffee, feeling happy with my hot drink and new jacket.

G sleepily walked out of the bedroom and ran a hand down his face before spotting the coffee cups sitting on the table. Lavender snickered as she handed him one which he quickly took before plopping down on the couch next to Sammy who grinned at him. Lavender picked up the remaining coffee cup and quickly downed it before standing up and walking over to the door.