No Test

Vivian's POV

"Where are you going, darling? Care for a ride?" I hear a guy say, followed by a wolf whistle. I give a glance to the guys standing at the footpath, their eyes roaming all over my body.

"Look at her, doesn't she look lit?" The other guy says the first guy. They start walking towards me.

"Ignoring us, huh? We can show you a good time." The first guy says. I continue walking towards my car. Taking out my phone, I call Thea. She picks up at the first ring, as I wanted.

"Hello, police station? I want help here." I look right into the first guy's eyes. "23rd Cross, DeTrex street."

"Viv? What's happening?" I hear Thea's confused voice over the phone. The guys stop in their tracks, turn around and run.

NYPD is not to be messed with.

"Hello? Viv!" I hear Thea.

"Hey Thea! I called to ask what would you like to eat? Chinese? Or pasta?" I ask her, totally diverting the topic. I enter the 'Spaghetti Incident', and look over the menu.

"Pasta is fine. But what was happening?" I already knew Thea would choose pasta since she hated all Chinese food.

"The normal. Some guys." I answered. "Anyhow, I will see you later. Bye." And with that I cut the call.

"Good evening ma'am, what would you like to order?" I hear the guy's voice and look up from the menu. Cute. But not my type.

"Two chicken cheese pastas and one veg pasta. Small." I said and after a thought, added, "Add in three cans of Pepsi."

"In here or takeaway?" He asks, giving me a nice smile. His dimples peek out. His name tag read Luca.

"Take out please." I tucked in the stray strand of hair behind my ear.

"That will be 32.50$." He gives me the bill and I hand him over the cash. He hands me over the fifty cents, that were remaining and I join the line of the people waiting to collect their orders.

In ten minutes I am out of the store with the packages in my hand and on the way to my dorm, which I share with Thea and Alexia. With my earphones plugged in and the thoughts of the world out, I get lost in the music of Chainsmokers. My steps are light on the pavement, a little bounce in it.

I have a fake smile splashed on my face, not knowing when or if they see me. My one hand holding the bag of food, while the other held my phone. My thoughts didn't wander, as I had learned to control them from years. 8 years, I was given 8 years to learn, the art of faking. Now even I don't know when I am being genuine.

My head moved along with the beats of 'Setting Fires', a gentle shake, not enough to be noticed. You never know where my parents have located their spies.

The weekend is at it's end. Why is Friday so close to Monday and Monday so far away from Friday? I see the building at a small distance from me. I take my time. Our dorms were located in a single building, the boys and girls in the same building, First 4 floors for girls and the rest 4 for boys. We had a curfew of 10pm.

Thea's and Alexia's Sundays usually go simple, staying in the dorm, watching a movie, getting some pizza. Me? It is a different story. I partied, hard. I usually come back at 2 AM, drunken, my heels kept somewhere. But today, I wanted to stay in. Why? Because 75% I felt like giving company to Thea and Alex.

Also 25% Ray Tress was gone for vacations, so no grand party at his mansion.

I take the elevator and press the button '3', as the door closed, someone joined me. I see as his hand moved forward to press '4'. I take in his appearance, Quinn Lodds, year 2, biotech field. I know this guy. One, he is in my year. Second, he is hot. Third, I had hooked up with him.