Chapter 9:Winsome

Start from the beginning

"Jake, wow. Hey!" Alison said hugging me tightly.

"Alison you look--

"Don't say beautiful." Alison said with a small smile.

"I was. But maybe winsome is a better word." I said with a smile.

"Winsome?"

"You never said I couldn't use a synonym for beautiful." I said and she chuckled.

"Fine call me beautiful or winsome." Alison said locking lips with me, which took me to surprise. It was a rough quick kiss she pulled away and took hold of my hand.

....

"You never told me you had a dog!" Alison said as her eyes lit up.

"Yup, she moved in with my mom now." I said taking a sip of my drink.

"How is your mom?" Alison asked.

"She's great I was thinking of seeing her soon. She'll be surprised to see you." I said carelessly.

"Really?" Alison said.

"Yeah, she'll also feel really bad. Since she was the reason we--

"Broke up," Alison said as her voice trailed off.

"Yeah..." I said as she looked up at me.

"But your here now," I said and she nodded her head slowly then quickly.

"Yes, I am here now and so are you," Alison said and I smiled.

"Wanna dance?" I said and she nodded.

Chocolate by The 1975 blasted from the speakers.

Alison's was mouthing the words as we walked over to the middle of the ball room.

I twirled her around and she did a twist around which started to make us gain attention. I dropped her for split second and caught her by her waist which was I was holding with my arm.

Everyone cheered and clapped.

"This feels like a dream." Alison said.

"Oh?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, one I never wanna wake up from." Alison said and I stopped to examine her carefully. The song dimmed down by now.

"Wow." I said quietly to myself.

"You know what?" Alison said as I smirked at her.

"What?" I said with a smile.

"You look a bit winsome yourself." Alison said and reached for my collar and pulled me over.

"Really?" I said I took a deep breath. I'm nervous. But I kinda like this feeling. A lot.

"Yes." Alison said as she took a step back. As You Found Me by The Fray came on.

She wrapped her arms around my neck.

I lifted my hand up and carefully pushed down her head on to my shoulder. I started to rub her hair with my hand.

....

The ball was starting to slow down and Alison was currently in the bathroom.

I grabbed a few drinks of club soda.

Alison finally came out of the bathroom and I went up to her.

"Hey. I'm so sleepy I was thinking of just getting a hotel for the night if that's fine with you?" Alison said with a frown and a yawn.

"Yeah sure. We can get one for the night. There's one across the street." I said and she nodded and walked by my side to the car.

We drove in silence. The mood feels a little different.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." Alison said.

I've learned over the years when a girl say I'm fine it really means the opposite.

I parked at the hotel and got the t-shirts from the back and went inside,

I payed the man for one night as he handed us a card for our hotel. Which was upstairs. Alison hurried ahead of me.

I unlocked the door and she sat on the bed as I started taking off my shoes.

"Why do you have to be this way?" Alison asked and I turned to her as I was done taking off my shoes.

"Seriously? We had a great night and you're gonna say I did something wrong?" I asked tilting my head.

"I'm in a relationship you know?" Alison said.

"A happy one?" I asked and that shut her up.

"I'm sorry to say Alison. But, I'm pretty sure he's cheating on you." I said and she let out a huge sigh.

"That's what I'm doing too! Don't you understand?" Alison said as she put a hand on her forehead.

"Maybe I don't. Because if I did I wouldn't do this." I pushed her down on to the bed. Locking lips with her. We kissed roughly. I pulled back, but she pulled me forward to her.

"Forget what I said." She said and I smiled widely. Probably the biggest smile known to exist.

I took of my black layer of my tux and she helped unbutton the white layer along with the bow. I was shirtless as she was still wearing her dress. I unclipped her heels and threw them down. I was unzipped her dress.

She smiled.

Part of me knew this was wrong. But part of me also knew this was right.

***************************

guys this chapter gave me feels while I was writing it is that normal??

Anyways, finals are killing me. THANK GOODNESS tomorrow is the last day till Christmas break!!!

I will update more since I'll have free time.

I knew I had to update before I need to go to bed so yea!

I REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS. I will come to edit it later. Sorry for typos and wrong spelled words :/

please leave your thoughts and opinions in the comments. Don't forget to vote!

Lots of love
Jennifer <3