Chapter 4:I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song

~Jake~

As I walked out of Alison's beach house. Justin said he was busy tonight with something. I don't know what. But if I was him I would be spending it with Alison.

I'm just curious what's wrong with Alison. She seems a bit not herself.

If she only knew I still think of her. I been ever since I moved. Every single day. I wouldn't go one day with out thinking of her. Something just always reminded me of her.

I felt a buzz in my pocket.

I pulled out my phone.

A text message from Ashlynn?

Ashlynn: hey! OMG Jake!!!! I haven't texted you in like forever!

I rolled my eyes at her message.

Me: yeah what's up?

Ashlynn: well I was wondering since I didn't get to know Alison well! I wanna go hang with Alison and her little friend. Also you should come along too. And bring Justin!

I almost felt mad at her message for some reason.

Me: okay sure, but don't be mean to Alison. I swear if you are I will be pissed at you.

Ashlynn:Okay whatever see you at 7:00pm
....

I rarely even hang out with Ashlynn. But today I'm guessing she wants to be friends with Alison. Which seems weird.

Are you ready to go?" I looked up to see Ashlynn in front of me with Justin by her side.

"Yeah, where's Alison?" I said and Justin smiled.

"She's coming," he said confidently.

As the awkward silence went by. Alison arrived with Samantha. Soon Evan and Michael were here too.

"So where are we going?" Ashlynn asked with a fake voice.

"Hmm you decide," Michael said rolling his eyes.

"How about we go out for a fun night. My dad's karaoke diner is closed. But a key because I'm just so awesome! We can get in!" She said and smiled at Alison but it seemed fake.

"Ok. Sure," Justin spoke up.

"Here we can ride in separate cars. I'll ride with Evan,Michael, and Justin. And Jake you can ride with Alison. Oh and Samantha you can ride with us so yeah." She said walking to Evan's car who looked annoying.

....

As I followed Evan to Ashlynn's karaoke diner. Alison sat in the passenger seat beside me.

The silence slowly started getting uncomfortable. She was wearing a hoodie with Leggings. I don't know why it's so hot out here. Even at night.

"Keep your eyes on the rode," Alison's voice spoke up.

"It's hard to do that," I said and and I kept my eyes on the rode as she said.

"And why is that?" She asked tugging her sleeves.

"None of your business," I said and she continued to look out the window.

"So I haven't gotten to ask you this a lot. But do you really like it here?" Alison asked and I felt her looking at me.

"Yeah I do. I miss my friends back home. Including you," I said my heart started to beat faster and faster. Gosh.