Chapter 9:Winsome

ALISONS OUTFIT ABOVE! Hope you like it I put it together myself on the app polyvore so yeah... ENJOY THIS CHAPTER <3

Chapter 9:Winsome

~Jake~

I was walking down the aisle of the local market and I bumped into a familiar voice.

"Oh, hey Jake. How are you?" It was Justin.

I started to tap my foot fast.

How am I supposed to answer that? 'Yeah Justin, I'm awesome I'm going to the local ball with your girlfriend.' I didn't think that was my right to tell him. It was Alison's.

"Fine. Just busy. Bye," I walked quickly away from him pushing my basket.

"Hey! Do you know what Alison is doing tonight I haven't seen her since...you know our fight." Justin said.

"Not really sure," I lied "but I'm sure she's busy, right? Busy girl! Busy day?" I said and Justin eyed me weirdly.

"Ok, well thanks man."

"Don't mention it."

....

I opened the door to my house with my keys to find a note on my fridge.

It read:
I look forward to seeing you tonight but, I'm getting ready not next door because I don't plan on telling Samantha soon. But, I will make it. I'll meet you there. I promise,
Alison.

I smiled at the note. But hiding it from Samantha didn't seem like a good idea.

I started to put the groceries away. The ball starts at 8:00 pm. I look up at the clock on my wall which read 5:00 pm.

I decided on taking a shower then grabbing my tux. It's been in the back of my closet for a while. That's because I never had any special places to wear it. But now I do with more than a special place but now with a special person.

....

I dressed quickly as the time is now 6:00 pm. I still need to go buy some red roses for Alison.

I went into my car and I emptied the back, I realized I had a few t-shirts in there. But I kept them just in case I needed them. I drove to a small little flower shop. Which had all the kinds Alison would love.

I went inside to find one red rose left. Perfect.

"One dollar and twenty nine cents." The worker said.

I payed quickly with a five and put the change in the tip jar and headed off. The ball was a little far away from town so I need to quickly get there.

The ball was an annual one. Every year I would go with Evan and Mikey. They would go to pick up girls. Which worked for them. I picked up a few, but never anything serious. I couldn't have anything with them because they weren't, Alison.

Pathetic! I know, very.

The old Jake would never be all sappy and romantic over some girl before Alison. But love does that to you.

Enough of this sappiness. I have the girl. Tonight she's mine. Not Justin's. But mine.

....

I found a free parking. I got out quickly a few minutes to spare as the ball was about to start. I went inside to find Alison. Hopefully she is here already.

The city really did really nice with this ball. Last year was more elegant. But now it looks more party-ish type with some elegant in it.

I found her sitting at a table by herself. She looked beautiful. She was wearing a maroon dress that was very short. But I didn't mind one bit. Her legs were crossed together. She looked up and we were looking at each other. I went over to her. She smiled.