Eighteenth Night

Yuki stepped out of her house and into the thick forest. She was ready, she had to be.

She had finally convinced Yori and Kaito that she was fine, so they left for their long awaited honeymoon. It was perfect timing. Yori was the best but she always got worried so easily.

"Seiren" Yuki called out at a whisper. She turned around to find the lilac haired vampire kneeling in front of her.

"tell him to meet me at the headquarters" when she walked away she knew that Seiren had already gone.

---------------

Yuki climbed up the steps, turning to the man at the door.

"I believe I have an appointment with the president" she said. The man yelled across the room to someone.

"President there's a girl here to see you." Yuki didn't hear an answer.

"You can come in miss" the man ushered her inside then led her to an office. "He will see you know" he turned and left. Yuki pushed open the door gently.

"Hello?" she peeked her head in.

"Yuki!" the headmaster ran up and hugged her. "You came all the way here to see daddy?!" she nervously fidgeted.

"Well um, f-father... Um I came to see you too but um..." she looked down at the floor.

"You came to see him, I understand"

He walked down a dark flight of stairs and she followed closely behind him. "he's been doing ok... Well he's alive" he looked solemn. " Well there you go" he disappeared.

-------------

She knelt down beside him. Zero, he looked so different, like someone you would imagine was on their last breath in a hospital. He sat against the wall eyes closed, she knew that they were glowing red. If it was even possible he was more pale then the day he had become a creature of the night. She let tears fall from her eyes as she looked at him, the tortured broken soul.

She sensed Kaname's presence. She turned swiftly towards him.

"Give him your blood and I'll listen" he pulled out a vial, one step ahead as usual. He threw it at her and she pulled off the cap. She walked up to Zero, then sat in front of him. She touched his face gently, placing the vial at his lips. He swallowed the scarlet liquid slowly and Yuki was amazed at his control. His eyes turned back to their normal violet but he refused to place his gaze upon her. She lingered for a moment in front of him the walked back the Kaname. He once again pulled out a vial, this time a slightly larger one. Yuki tipped it to her mouth and drank.

Yuki felt herself falling, deeper and deeper into nothingness. She landed hard on the thick earthy soil of the forest. It was that day, the day that he left her. The day that everything fell apart.

Yuki was forced to feel the pain of her used to be fiancé leaving her once more. Then she saw Ruka and Kain standing behind Kaname as guards, Kaien in front holding his Katana. Suddenly the scene changed, Sara stood behind Kaname, slinking around him.

"I can help you" she whispered in his ear

"And how could you possibly do that?" he never looked at her.

"We could be on the same side"

Now Yuki couldn't see anything and she was a bit confused. All she could hear was a loud beating noise. She could feel Kaname beside her. His energy felt empty she could feel his thirst, his loneliness. It felt like they were in the dark forever. Then a voice, a whisper. Ichijo! But why? She listened to the conversation, wait Kaname... His memory erased, just like her. Then they were free and Kaname was running towards something, something important. He stopped in the alley where she had been attacked. Then the day of the wedding.

Yuki fell out of his memories and got up off the floor.

"She had you trapped there for years?" he didn't answer but she already knew. Then a voice came from behind her.

"So you're going back to him" Zero! She'd forgotten.

"No... No..." she shook her head trying to convince herself. " No..."

Zero tossed something at her, the bloody rose gun.

"Please kill me..." his eyes begged. "I-I'll be ok if you go with him..." she could see the words pained him. Then his voice got string again.

"You promised... You promised me that if I lost the human part of me, that you would do it. So please, I'm no more than a monster." she started shaking her head but he grabbed her wrist and pulled up her sleeve. There were still faint marks on it. " Vampires, purebloods especially heal very quickly yet, this is still here" she squirmed away and pulled down her sleeve. "This is what I've done during my lifetime, this is what my life accounts for. Hurting you and others and I can't bear the burden any longer" he put the gun up to his chest. "Do it please... Kill the monster that I've become and take my blood. I belong to only you... Forever and Always..." she looked to Kaname and she could see what he was thinking in his eyes.

"If you are to leave me again, kill me by your own hand..." she felt her knees buckle beneath her.

"Please..." Zero stared directly at her. "Be happy because I will be, knowing you're happy"

Her hand felt so heavy, holding the gun. She felt Kaname leave. She pulled the trigger and watched as life left him. She took his blood and held him. Held him as life seeped away, as he slowly turned to dust and left her once and for all. A single tear fell from her eyes as she whispered.

"I love you Zero... Goodbye"