Seventeenth Night

Darkness swirling in her subconscious . A face flashed before her eyes, it was her face. Eyes glowing red, lips turned up into a twisted smile.

"The human Yuki is gone... Because the vampire Yuki devoured her" Her face morphed into Kaname's and she could feel the hatred associated with the memory.

"Never forget for whom this blood was offered" Suddenly it was Shizuka.

"Yes feed on your hatred young Zero. After all I killed your parents" her smile taunted him. Everything went black again, all that could be heard was a loud beating noise.

"Alone... You will always be alone"

The faces swirled around too quickly, they were indistinguishable. "You're a strong boy Kaname " a monster's teeth almost scraping flesh. It was her face again.

"This man, he's my brother... I'm sorry... I'm sorry" it was then the hooded lady, her last moments of life. He was supposed to make the sacrifice, not her. Yuki could feel rage, fear, loneliness.

Suddenly she saw her own body lying mangled on the ground. Zero knelt beside it, his gun at his temple, tears streaking his face. Kaname appeared as well, grabbing the gun from Zero's hand.

"No"

He shot himself and plunged his hand into his chest, ripping out his heart.

"This time I will make the sacrifice..."

Yuki jumped up, waking from her dream. The first things seemed to be from the past but a couple other things didn't make sense. And the last thing...God she didn't want that to happen, the two of them... No! She stood up and found her Mp3 player. She put the earphones in and turned the music up, trying to forget about her crazy messed up life.

--------

Yori was reading downstairs when she heard a movement, something she had been waiting for. She ran upstairs and pushed open Yuki's door. Her friend lay on her bed, silent tears falling from her closed eyes. She sat down beside her and Yuki looked up. The two best friends sat in silence for a second.

"Why didn't you admit that Kuran was back?" she asked Yuki.

Yuki looked pained.

"I don't know Yori-chan.... It was so sudden, the wound had just begun to heal. I guess I wasn't really ready to admit it to myself." she choked back a sob. " He just got up and left me... He broke his promise" Yori hugged her friend tightly to comfort her.

"Are you ever going to face him?" she asked

"I guess I'll probably have to eventually"