Eighteen.

Demitri

"Daddy, what happened to your face?" Rose asked as she examined my cheek.

"I slept hard." I lied.

"That pillow must've had hands." Hunter said.

I narrowed my eyes, "Find some business."

"Sorry I won't be able to. I'm too occupied being in everyone else's business." He shrugged.

"Where's your mama?" It's almost twelve and Reina doesn't sleep past ten.

"She left." Rose told me.

I scrunched up my eyebrows, "What do you mean she left?"

"I don't know how much more clear you want me to be. She went home." She said as if it was obvious.

"Watch how you talk to me, Rosaline." I said sternly.

"Okay, father." She rolled her eyes.

I took deep breath to keep me from knocking the baby hairs off her head. I hate that she has her mother's attitude.

"Go to your room." I told her.

"I will." She retreated up the stairs as she mumbled under her breath.

"That wasn't very smart. She has a seventy-two inch flat screen, playstation four, and a snow cone machine in her room." Hunter kept his eyes glued to his phone as he spoke. He did have a point.

"Who you texting?" I decided to be nosey.

"My girlfriend." His eyes didn't bother to even look up.

"Does your mom know?" I asked.

"Not yet. I try to avoid telling her stuff when she's in a bad mood and since you keep putting her in a bad mood I have to wait."

"Me? No, your mom is putting this all on herself." I scoffed.

"Because she won't have another baby?" He looked at me.

"How-"

"I'm a very light sleeper. I don't like what you said to her but that's not my business. But I do want you to know that after she had Rose she was depressed for weeks. She couldn't walk into the nursery without crying." He shook his head.

I felt bad because I wasn't worried about how she felt. I knew that she was hurt with what happened but I wasn't fully aware of her feelings. That makes me the asshole.

"Who's your girlfriend?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Taylor." He showed me a picture.

I looked harder at the picture almost making my eyes pop out of their sockets

"Uh, Hunter." I rubbed my temples. "You know that's T-"