Four.

Last update for the week. School starts Wednesday and I have a little summer work left.
♡♡♡

Demitri

I approached Reina's doorstep, right as I was about to knock Rose opened the door.

"Hey baby girl, where's your mom and Hunter?" I asked, stepping inside.

"Well Hunter is at track practice. Mommy is upstairs, she's sad."

I scrunch up my eyebrows, "Why is she sad?"

She shrugged, "I don't know, nobody ever tells me anything. She gets sad around this time every year."

"Hm, I'm going to check on her. But I got you something." I said making her eyes light up.

"Really, what is it?" She jumped up and down.

I held up a bag of Jolly Ranchers.

"Oooh, you're the best daddy ever." She tried to jump up and get them as I held them up.

"Don't eat them all in one sitting. And don't tell your mom I gave them to you."

"Okayyy." She whined.

I handed her the bag and she ran all the way upstairs to her room, not looking back. Meanwhile, I went to see what was wrong with Reina.

As I stood on the other side of her door, I heard faint sobs. Not caring, I walked in her room without knocking. She quickly sat up in her bed, attempting to wipe her face.

"You could've knocked." She sounded like she's been crying for hours.

I sat on the edge of her bed watching her swipe up the pictures laud out on the bed. One seemed to catch my eye.

"What is this?" I grabbed the picture, but she wasn't letting it go.

"It's nothing." She said.

"Then let it go." I told her.

"Dem-"

"Give it to me, Reina." I demanded.

She sighed, letting the picture go. It was a sonogram...of twins. It had her name and it was dated seven years ago.

"So you mean to tell me that you was pregnant with, not one, but two babies?"

She slowly nodded, "I was going to name him Demetrius."

I smiled, "A boy? You was going to name him after me?"

"Of course I was."

"What happened to him?" I asked.

"H-He was a stillborn. The doctors don't understand why. I'm sorry." She looked down, playing with her fingers.

"Why are you apologizing? It's not your fault."

"I know how much you wanted to have a son." She sniffled.

"I'm just as happy with my daughter. Maybe somewhere down the line I'll have a son." I said.

"I'm sorry." She apologized once again.

"Why are you apologizing." I've never seen Reina this timid since when I first met her.

"For not telling you about Rose. You was about to get drafted and I didn't want want to distract you. Two kids at once would've been a lot for you and I know how much basketball means to you. You already had a torn ACL, which almost ended everything for you. Then two babies would've taken up so much time for you. I just didn't want to get in the way of your dream." She explained.