Three.

Reina

"Go Rose!" I cheered her on when she stepped up to the plate.

She held up her bat, narrowing her eyes at the pitcher. The ball was thrown and she hit it, throwing down the bat to start making a run for it.

She hit first base and ran all the way to to home.

Hunter stood up while clapping obnoxiously, "Ayyee, That's my sister y'all. That's my little sister."

A lady stood up behind me, "That nappy headed little girl didn't even make a home run." I'm assuming she was the mother of one of the players on the other team.

I slowly stood up and faced the woman.

"I know you didn't call my daughter out her name. Say something else so I can rock your shit. Please do." I said calmly.

She scoffed and sat back down.

Hunter laughed, "She got cho' ass, Cruella."

"Shut up." I smacked him in the back of the head.

Demitri walked up the bleachers and sat next to us.

"You're late." I folded my arms.

"Don't start with me, practice took longer than I thought."

Hunter started the sneeze.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a little allergic to bullshit." He got up and walked off to the concession stand.

"Your first time attending your daughter's game and you're late." I rolled my eyes.

"Like seven years late, how long it took you to tell me I actually had a daughter." He spat.

"Shut up, Demitri."

"You know it's true. Seven years, I can't get that back with my daughter, her first steps, first words, none of that." He was speaking lowly, but I could clearly hear the anger in his voice.

"I-"

"I don't want to hear it." He cut me off.

"Fine." I shurgged. I was completely over this conversation.

°•°•°•°•°

"You did so well, baby." I told Rose as we walked in the parking lot after her winning game.

"Thanks mommy. Can I have some Jolly Ranchers now?" She stuck out her bottom lip.

"Nope." I told her, making her frown.

"You did great, Rose." Demitri said.

"Hmm." She pursed her lips, walking away with her arms crossed.

"What I do?"

"She probably sees through your lies. Wish I did at her age." Hunter shook his head.

"Hunter-"

"No third chances, Dorthy." He caught up to Rose.

°•°•°•°•°

I walked upstairs to check on Hunter since he didn't bother to eat at the table again because of Demitri. Right when I was about to walk in, I heard him and Rose talking.