Chapter 5

Selene was at the foot of the bed, in her elf dress. Its folds and curves and designs some how making her body even more appealing than it was naked. She looked up, her eyes red from crying, and she blinked at me. I smiled warmly for her and walked up to her, my venus just above her face. I looked down at hopeful eyes and said, "I need you pixie."

She died and was reborn in the flash of violent emotions hammering through her, she lifted and dove into my venus with such force I fell back, but Inanna was there, wrapping her arms around my waist from behind, pressing her lithe body into me. The heaven I fell into was sublime.

We took our time with her, Inanna and I. We spent hours using her every way we could for our pleasure, while taking pleasure from each other as well. Selene was nearly exhausted when we began giving back to her. We caressed her, and loved her and licked her until she was delirious with serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine.

I held her close to me, just as the moon was setting, feeling it leaving the sky, as I was sure she did as well.

"Do you really want a baby?"

"Yes," She whispered and her hands went to her tummy, as if she needed to feel it there now.

"Then I want you to leave tomorrow and discuss this with the Queen. Tell her your desire, and that you wish to raise your child in the world, with me and Inanna."

She froze, "But she could say no."

I nodded, "She could say yes."

"I can't. I'm terrified of her," she admitted.

"Then we'll go with you."

She looked up at me, and then at Inanna who was smiling from ear to ear, her sapphire eyes shining like gems in sunlight.

"Really?" Selene asked.

"Yep," I yawned, "We leave at first light, and hopefully back by Friday so I don't miss a shift."

"I know the Ways," Selene assured me, "We'll be back in time."

The Ways into Faerie are difficult to find for anyone not of fay blood. They can only be crossed in twilight, they can only be seen by fay, and they're never in the same place. I have found several magicks which could lead me to a Way door, and help me pass without assistance, but I've never had much interest. I suppose Lili is to blame for that — her and Toad.

Toad was a what we would call a wood elf, not a high elf like Selene's father. Lili, my teacher, often traveled into Faerie. She would leave for days, sometimes weeks at a time. I learned later that she knew Faerie so well she could tell the time differences, which impressed me.

On one of her trips as a young girl she met and did something for Toad. I never learned what that something was, but for Toad the act was unforgivable.

Wood elves are anarchists. Don't let anyone tell you different. They only recognize a leader when that leader is strong, and in sight. Otherwise they appear lawless. This is deceiving, because each of them have a strong personal code of law. No, not strong, absolute. They will never act against their own law — never. If it means they have to boil in oil, then they boil.

This could be thought of as bravery, except their codes are all to themselves, for themselves. Doing for others, although rarely against a personal code, is an affront to them. Being forced into servitude by their own code is — let's just say they would rather the pot of oil.

And Lili had no sympathy for Toad at all.

Coming out of her small cabin to wash, and bless the sunrise. Her voice would be light, and calm, and just shy of caring.

"You know why I'm here," Toad would say.

"I told you to leave."

"I did leave, now I'm back."

"I did not say how long," Lili would point out.

"You did not say how short either," Toad would grumble.

We traveled through the ways of Faerie, and down the winding drifts of snow, to the castle of the Queen of Winter. We were attacked twice on our journey by wildlings, who were neither summer nor winter. Creatures who roamed both realms and sought prey where they dared. Inanna taught them quickly to choose others.