Chapter 7

I was in the Queen's chambers, and alone. The herald left me, closing the door with a long and solemn look as he did so, as if measuring me and not feeling good about the outcome.

Her chambers were not cold, in fact they were comfortable. I unzipped my ski jacket, letting my body heat lift out of the fabric. I was not told I could sit, so I didn't. I stood where I was left. The Queen's bed was large. A four poster, the pillars sculpted into nymphs and elves having sex in most of the imaginable ways. There were heavy rings drilled into each of the posts, that looked like heavy duty towel hangers made of silver. I found them curious but not as interesting as some of the carvings on the posts.

Queen Mab entered her chamber and began undressing, removing her outer regal gown and then her boots as she made her way toward me, "You may undress now please."

Shocked, but suddenly knowing my place, I began to take of my clothing, removing my jacket, and then my shirt. I laid these on a nearby chair, and then removed my thermal sports bra. After my clothing was removed I stood naked before the Queen of Winter, fighting the urge to hide my breasts from her, or rub my thighs together.

She was in a black and light blue corset, which lifted her perfect breasts and exposed her pussy.

"You did so without protest, why is that? Are you promiscuous by nature?"

"No your highness."

"Then perhaps you are submissive by nature and simply did so because you could not do otherwise."

"I'm sorry your highness, but this is not the truth of it either."

"So tell me healer of my blood, why you gave no protest."

"I am here asking a great boon from you, which is very great to me indeed. I love Selene with my truest heart. I want to raise her child with her. If you want your pleasure from me I am willing to give it to you."

"How far?" she asked, stepping close to me.

"I'm sorry your grace?"

"How far will you go to please me?"

"As far as I am able to serve your grace."

"Pleasure yes, what about pain?"

She was Queen Mab, and she was the Queen of Winter. I remembered the frost-burn brand on the back of Selene's neck, the brand of a snowflake. She blew her breath on Selene's perfect skin and burned her with cold so deep she branded her.

"As far as Selene has had to go to please your grace," I told her, my abs quivering with fear and apprehension.

She seemed amused with this answer, "I only brand those who forget their place, and the importance of their place in my court. Selene forgot hers, in her eagerness to bring you to our attention."

"Yes, your grace."

"She told you of this?"

"I experienced it with her, during the Circle of Three ritual."

"Interesting. What did you feel?"

"Fear," I answered plainly.

"Are you afraid now?"

"Yes your grace," I admitted.

She leaned forward, like Inanna did so many days ago, and sniffed my neck. Feeling her so close, without touching me, was exhilarating and raised my heart beat. She was more beautiful than any woman I have ever seen, and it wasn't even glamour. She was simply beauty, incarnate.