WT2| 24

Taylor

I looked at Roman as he stared into space. He looked like he was in deep thought and it probably had to do with that phone call. He was keeping something from me and I had a hunch as to what it was. I figured it was Wyn when he said "you stay away from Taylor" but I had to be sure.

I touched his arm, looking at him. He looked back at me blankly.

"Tell me what's going on." I said, not asked.

"Bitch ass nigga. That's all." He said before looking down at his hands. I squinted at him.

"Who?" I asked.

"Nobody." He said.

I figured maybe he didn't wanna talk about it in front of Dean and them so I let it go for now but I'll ask him about it again later.

We had came here so he could change his clothes and get something to eat. She was cooking some Jamaican dish I never heard of, I couldn't even pronounce it right so I didn't try to. It smelled good though.

I pulled my phone out my pocket and looked at the time. It was almost time to get Rei from school so I tapped Roman and looked at him.

"Dotty went to school today?" I asked. He nodded. "It's almost time to pick them up so we should get going."

He nodded again before getting up. "Alright, fam. We'll be back." He announced before heading towards the door.

Roman and I pulled up to the school, me in the passenger seat

Roman and I pulled up to the school, me in the passenger seat. School was expected to be dismissed in a few minutes unless they had extra after school activities. I watched the school doors steadily.

After a few minutes kids started coming out in lines, it was cute. I couldn't remember what it was like when I was in elementary. As I watched, I noticed kids playing with each other. Once the all the classes were out more cars pulled up and students started running every which way. I looked for a kinda tall young girl with a curly bun and dress with high socks.

When I seen her with her Hello Kitty book bag I got out of the car and headed her way. She smiled when she saw me, running towards me. To be 4-ish, she was getting bigger and bigger by the week. She gave me a hug once she reached me.

"Where's your car?" She asked when she looked behind me. "Is that Wyn?"

When she asked that, my chest got tight and I realized that she and Roman hadn't formally met. I shook my head no. "That's my friend." I told him.

As if on cue, Roman got out the car and started walking over to me and Rei.

The little boy Roman normally took to school came running up and Rei flitched like she was scared. I looked at worriedly as she moved to my side. Dotty frowned before walking to Roman. "Hey cuz."