WT2| 05

Taylor

Taylor

    I looked down at Rei as she colored and frowned. What could've happened to me last night? I thought as my eyes drifted from her to her bed, I then moved to sit down. Rei turned and looked at me before smiling brightly and running to me.

"Look!" She exclaimed, her paper kinda balled up in her hand as she went to show me.

I examined the circles and crooked lines before smiling at her. I gave her a big, tight hug. "I love it, it's beautiful. Is it for me?" I asked.

"No, it mommy." She said and I looked down at her with sadness in my heart.

I hadn't heard from Terri in a while but she was dead to me. Even after everything she put me through, she was still my sister and Rei's mother.

"I'm sure she would love it." I said, trying not to shed a tear in front of her.

A ding sounded notifying that I had just got a text message on my iPhone. I pulled it out and looked at it.

I replied "ok" after I read that Roman was on his way to bring me my dirty clothes. My mind drifted to him. I grimaced at the thought of him. Yeah, he was probably sweet under that hard exterior and he was unbelievably attractive but he was nothing but trouble. I moved here to get away from drama and near death experiences and it seemed like he was just attracting more. It was at that moment that I then thought about Wyn. I miss you...

How can you forgive someone for putting you through so much? How could you continue to love that person through all the hate and chaotic bullshit you've had to endure?

Because that's love.

I remember at the beginning I didn't believe in it, I didn't understand it, I didn't want anything to do with it. But it feels like a drug where I've been addicted to it for a while and it's been missing. I have relapsed straight from rehab, where my sanity was birthed. Now it's stripped from my soul and I'm left to wait for love, not lust... Something only Wyn could give me because I didn't want it from anyone else.

Smack!

My eyes got wide with shock as Rei's laughter filled my ears. I looked at her, her little hand still against my face where she had just smacked me. Guess that's my reality check. I thought as I picked her up and started swinging her around.

"You just gonna smack me like that?" I asked between laughs.

She giggled and nodded so I began tickling her. She use to be so small...

    A knock interrupted our playtime. It came from downstairs and rung out so loud it couldn't be ignored. I put Rei down and hurried down the stairs. Where is Lyah and why didn't she answer the door? I asked myself before looking through the peephole. It was Roman.