WT2| 11

Glynn

Glynn

I looked at the ground, anywhere was better than in the eyes of my two closest friends. I didn't know how I was gonna get out of this one.

"So, you're telling me... you're going all the way out to South Carolina to help your sister get over the death of y'all other sister?" Rima questioned.

"And how exactly long is that going to be?" Cory jumped in.

"Right, because a month ago you didn't claim them." Rima glared into my eyes before looking at Cory. "I think it's something else."

"Me too. So what is it?" Cory was now looking at me.

My whole life I schemed men, lied to people, and even committed murder. I've ditched friends for dick, sold myself for money. I killed people that loved me dearly and set up niggas that only had good intentions for me. Why were these two bitches so important to me that I couldn't hold it together through a lie?

"I'm telling y'all that's it. It's been a tough year and although I don't like these bitches that's still fam. We've lost a lot of family in the past months... I just need a break honestly, y'all." I said, shaking my head.

It was true. I did need a break. Maybe it would've been easier telling Cory that I seen her other cousin laying dead facedown in a pool of blood and I was scared to be next. Fuck it, my life is shitty as it is.

Their faces softened.

"Okay, bitch. That's more believable." Cory started shaking her head.

"Yeah. Had a bitch looking at you like the fuck?" Rima joked.

Cory and I laughed. "For real, why you ain't say that the first time?" Cory asked, looking at me.

"Bitch I didn't know I was gonna get questioned and inspected." I said still in laughter.

"True." Cory nodded.

"Well still bitch, you know what line of work we do. I trust you but still." Rima said. "Anybody could switch up at any time."

"Not us though." Cory smiled before coming up to me to give me a hug. I nodded, hugging her back. "I understand why you need to get away. I still can't get over Nai. I mean I know the bitch crazy but that was still family, you know? Don't know what I'd do if I lost another."

"Yeah well don't worry. It's just a little vacation from this craziness." I said, sounding believable even to myself. The guilt I felt would fade,.... I hope.

Lyah

Lyah

"Girl where were you?" I asked as soon as the front door opened and Taylor came walking through with a plate covered by another plate. "And where you get that? Whatever it is."

It smelled familiar like...

"It's aunt Joy's sweet potatoe pie." I heard a deep voice say from behind the door. Then in came Roman with an evil smirk.

Taylor rolled her eyes. "I brought it for you. She said you love-"

"I don't want it." I cut her off, glaring at Roman. "Rome, you're a piece of shit you know that? Why didn't you just kill me already, huh?"

Now Roman was rolling his eyes. "Don't call me Rome, number one. Two, fuck you. Kill yourself." He spat out before Taylor pushed him. He looked down at her and smirked again.

"Stop." She said, pointing.

Something inside me boiled. "Are you fucking my brother?" I heard before I realized it was me.

Taylor's head whipped my way, her hair flexing around her face real fast. "Excuse me?" She said, her face forming a scrunched up position.

Roman was laughing. "I mean the way you were looking at me-"

"Shut up, Roman." She pushed him again, smacking her lips this time. "No I'm not fucking this nigga. Are you serious?"

"Why you spending so much ti-"

"Why do you care? Last I checked I wasn't shit to you. Fucking b..." Taylor's glare made him trail off. He rolled his eyes and looked back at me. "It don't matter to you, that's all. Anyway, I'm out. You got everything, ma?"

"Yes." She said before walking away and putting the plate on the table in the livingroom. "Here's your pie if you want it."

And just like that, they were both gone. One out the door and the other up the stairs. As soon as I heard her bedroom door close, I exhaled. A lightbulb had went off in my head and I knew it would keep me alive for a long time. I rubbed my hand over my face and laughed a little.

Wyn

Wyn

I closed my mouth around my fork, eating whatever was left on it. I could've sworn I was eating leftover mac n cheese however it tasted like nothing. I looked down at my clean fork and plate and exhaled. My leg was shaking from being anxious, I was mad and a little faded. In front of me there was a gun that belonged to me. I kept thinking of different ways to kill this bitch, different ways to kill myself.

When the door opened and Ava came through I chuckled a little. She nagged me to not go out of town... she was on my head. She did all that shit.. as a distraction. Smart ass bitch. "Ava." I called.

She jumped because I guessed I scared her. She relaxed when she saw it was me then she took her coat off and just stood there. "You got back from your little trip quick..." she said before placing her keys on the table.

I put hand on the gun. "Yeah." I said having a little flashback of everything that occurred.

"So what did you do? Huh? Or who did you do? I bet you went to see that Taylor bitch, didn't you?" She started snapping, making her way towards me. "Didn't you!?"

As soon as she was in arm's length, I grabbed her by her neck in one smooth motion, grabbing my gun with the opposite hand and pointing it to her temple.

"You fucking dirty ass..." I took a deep breath. "You got 10 to explain those fucking stains and that fucking condom on the couch."

She was shaking, I knew she was scared. She looked me in my eyes and I just squeezed tighter. I should've known. I was the dumb ass. My father always told me these bitches were my weak spots, back then and now. Not anymore.

"Ava. I will fucking kill you. You know that?" I asked her, looking her dead in her eyes.

"No.. you won't. Pussy." She coughed. And just like that, I was someone else.

I punched her in her stomach and made a face that screamed out even though she couldn't physically do it with my hand tightened around her throat.

"S-op. I'm preg-nt." She tried through coughs.

Even I was smart enough to make out those extra letters. I let her throat go. "What?" I asked anyway.

She fell to the ground, coughing and wheezing holding her stomach. "I'm pregnant."

I stared at the back of her head. "Pregnant?"