WT2| 01

Roman

Roman

I played with the blue lighter, flicking it on and off repeatedly as I waited for this nigga to appear.

"What you say his name was again?" I asked my partner in crime, Lani.

"Wyn. He does work with Kayo in Florida, he speaks highly of him." She said as she recrossed her legs.

"Well, he must don't know it's disrespect to come to a meet up late." I told her, smacking my teeth. I stretched before getting up, walking around the large living room, my boots making loud, heavy stomps.

"Calm down, Roman. Don't let your temper ruin another good deal." She said.

I smiled, looking at her. "Chill out, kid. That was one time."

"What I say about calling me kid?" She asked, getting up to boss up.

"You know better than to step toe to toe with me, I'll knock your little ass out." I teased.

She gave me the middle finger before a knock interrupted what was about to be the fight of the year. "Lucky bitch." She said before going to the door.

Lani was like the little sister I never had. Growing up an only child was boring as hell, that's why when I met Lani, we got tight from the start. When I was a kid, I wanted a little brother or sister for the longest but I later found out my mother got her tubes tied after me.

When I met Lani in the seventh grade, I treated her as my own blood. Always protecting her like my father taught me. He said that was a man's job, that's why any form of mistreatment towards a woman bothered me. Since high school, Lani and I never parted, not once. If I jumped, she did too and vice versa. She was the only woman besides my mother that I trusted.

Her only flaw was with making decisions. Like this lame she was bringing in. We didn't know him and didn't need him. But she was stubborn as hell. I had no choice but to go along.

   A nigga around my height walked in smoothly as if he wasn't late. I disliked him already.

"You're late." I told him, my face probably scrunched the hell up.

"My bad, got caught up in something." He said. I turned my lip and waited for Lani to introduce but she was so deep in his fucking face.

"Yo." I snapped in her face and she came back to earth.

"Oh, my bad. This is Roman--"

"Who called you twice almost 30 minutes ago." I cut in. "Continue."

"And I'm Lani, as you know. Kayo's sister." She said.

Kayo. I remembered when I first met that nigga. He was cool as hell until he started fucking with that fucked up ass nigga Pistol

"Nice to meet you." He said, looking between us.