WT2| 19

Wyn

3 months later...

I looked down from the top floor window out into the beautiful palm trees of Florida. It seems as though I had been missing out on this good life for what seemed like forever. Miami was bustling with action and me and my boys seemed to control every move just like my dad wanted. By now, everyone who was anyone knew who we were and what we were capable of doing. We lost some, gained some, but we were down none because every backup had a backup. We felt much bigger than some street gang, we were much bigger. Benji, Kayo, and I had created an empire. We owned car dealerships, clubs, and stripclubs all in addition to the drug cartel we were running. The businesses were used to clean the drug money and we moved the drug money into deep safes and even deeper bank accounts. Benji had us down with the law and Kayo kept us safe on the streets. And as always, I was building the paper. It all made sense now that I was focused.

There were times like this, looking out at the city, that I thought about Taylor and what we could've been. But just as the pigs said, she was my weakness. I never wanted to put her in a place like that again. Sometimes I have some connects in Carolina tell me how she's doing and what's she's up to.

Apparently she's been in school, working, and taking care of Rei. They told me she recently moved out of Lyah's house, which I figured she would do since Lyah moved here to stay with Benji. They were getting serious. The best news about Taylor was that she didn't see anyone. It was only good news so I wouldn't have to kill anybody.

I still had feelings for her, that will never be a lie but whether or not it was mutual was beyond me.

"Aye, Wyn. He's here." I heard after a knock on the door. I nodded.

"Where's Benji and Kayo?" I asked Beth. She pointed behind her.

"They should already be down." She said. I nodded again before walking towards the door. She walked out and I followed her to the elevator and downstairs.

Benji and Kayo were sitting in their seats, Kayo in the middle and Benji to the right. I took my seat to the left of Kayo and looked at the man sitting in front of us. Roman.

I scoffed, smacking my lips, and tilting my head back. "Him? Really?" I whispered to Kayo.

"He's cool with my sis, I know we can trust him." Kayo said, shaking his head.

"I don't think so."

Taylor

Taylor

        I looked down at my paper, shaking my leg as I ate popcorn with Rei on my lap. It was the beginning of  December so we were watching Christmas classics.

"Frosty, the snowman." Rei sang, bobbing her head from side to side dramatically as she popped popcorn in her mouth.

I smiled looking at her as she cheesed. She had grew, her hair grew, her legs, everything. It was beautiful. She was starting to look more like Terri but chocolate instead of light skin. I continued to type out my essay. She leapt on me and laid on my chest, kicking the popcorn and my laptop a little.

"Is that you saying to give it a break?" I asked. She smiled at me and nodded so I put my laptop on the coffee table and gave her big kisses. "Okay."

A knock on the door woke me up. I looked at the TV, it was playing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer on ABC Family now. Rei was sleeping with a piece of popcorn balled up in her hand.

The knock sounded again and it had just registered that someone was at the door. I laid Rei down and picked up my phone from the floor before heading over to the door where they were knocking again.

"I'm coming." I said before looking through the peephole. On the other side I saw Glynn with something in her hand.

I opened the door and she came in with a hug I smiled hugging her back. Until I opened my eyes and seen Roman behind her. I looked at him and frowned. "What is he doing here?"

My heart was beating fast hoping it wasn't what I thought it was. He rolled his eyes before looking to her and doing that arrogant smile.

"Oh, girl nothing. He just followed me here from the airport." She told me as she sat the box of hot chocolate on the table, taking off her coat. "Y'all started watching without me?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Wyn sent me." He said, chuckling. "I need to talk to you."

"About?" I asked.

He pulled something out his pocket. I looked down at it, it was a long rectangle box that necklaces usually occupied.

"He wants you to forgive him and come to Florida with him." He spat out like he didn't wanna say it. "And here."

He handed it to me and I opened it. Inside was a rose, a folded piece of paper, and under it all was a small necklace with the letter T. It warmed my heart and made me smile. I thought about Roman and what I had told him about mistakes and forgiving.

"Guess I gotta take my own advice." I whispered to myself. "Tell him I forgive him but I'm not going to Florida. Thank him for the gift for me."

I opened the folded piece of paper and read it.

I'm sorry -Roman.

My chest felt tight. I turned around and Roman was gone.

_______
So now the question is for you to answer:
Wyn or Roman?

Majority rules.