WT2| 04

Taylor

Taylor

Thanks for what you did yesterday, although you don't know me, you probably know what you do and many females would've snitched. On your way out, tell the girl at the door to lock up. I bought you a charger, iPhone right? If you're here when I get back then I'll take you out to eat, if not here's my number.

I read the letter as I ate the pancakes. I then put it down and looked around to see where I was. I could hear music coming from outside. I plugged my phone up to the charger he got me and looked around. I smelled like wet dog, I was disgusted. I had to go.

Suddenly, a door opened from the down the hallway and a girl with curly hair came through. She smiled at me.

"Good morning." She said, waving. "Um, what's your name?"

"Taylor." I answered her, smiling back.

"I'm Lani, Roman's friend." She said. This reminded me of Wyn and how he dropped me off at Lyah's. What's up with that?

"Nice to, um, meet you." I said, looking around.

"When you're done eating, I think I might have some clothes that can fit you if you want." She said, pointing towards the room she came from.

She probably thought I was some broke bitch.

"No, it's okay. I just need to get home and I'll change and shower there." I said. "What time is it?"

"It's no problem at all and it's 2:33." She said. I leapt up. "You ok?"

"I have to get my niece from school... If she even went, oh my God." I panicked.

"Relax, relax. You sure you don't wanna change first?" She asked. I looked at her and sighed.

"Sure."

  Lyah

  Lyah

"You miss me?" I asked over the phone to my boo.

"You know I do, you don't even have to ask." He replied with a smile.

"Hmm, Benji. Why don't you come pick me up later so we can chill?" I asked him, thinking about the last time we "chilled". I heard him chuckle.

"Why not now?" He asked me. I looked at the time again.

"I have to pick up my niece soon." I told him, rolling my eyes.

"Damn, where's her mother?" He asked. I could sense his irritation.

"Missing, and this is real rare of her. I been blowing her phone up since 7 this morning. I don't know where the hell she is. Last night she texted me saying some shit about me calling the police if she wasn't home but... I thought she was playing." I confessed.

"Did you call the cops?" He asked

"Not yet but now..." I was saying before the door opened and Taylor came walking through with Rei. "Girl, where you been!?"

"That's her?" I heard Benji ask.

"Yeah, I'll call you back." I told him before hanging up and walking towards Taylor. "Really? I was worried."

"Girl you won't believe." She started, sitting Rei's stuff down and closing the door. I looked over her clothes.

"Those new?" I asked, trying to remember what she had on.

She laughed. "Okay, listen to this... Rei go upstairs and start your coloring."

Rei nodded and ran upstairs. Taylor then began explaining everything that happened last night including something about police and a guy that sounded familiar. "What did you say his name was?"

"Roman." She said, shaking her head and holding back a smile.

I tried to breathe as she spoke my brother's name. I decided not to say anything though because he would kill me if he even found out I was here.

"You know him?" She asked before rolling her eyes. "You dated him?"

I snapped out of it. "No. No! I just heard of him is all. He's very dangerous, don't think you should be hanging with him." I told her.

She rolled her eyes again. "My life is danger. I've been stabbed, beaten, broken, all that." She reminded me.

I nodded. "I'm just saying."

Roman

Roman

"Yeah, Kayo called me today. Said something about Wyn suppose to be sending something." Lani said.

I was barely paying attention. My mind was on Taylor, which was rare for my mind to be on any bitch.

"Aye, Roman. Hello?" I heard. I looked up at Lani and smirked.

"I heard yo bitch ass, damn." I said before standing up. I looked at the pile of clothes sitting on her bed and picked them up. "These Taylor's?"

She nodded. "Yeah, she left them. You want me to take them?" She asked, trying to take them.

I just shrugged. "Nah, give me the address. I got it."

Lani recited an address and I pulled my phone out and headed out the door.