Non, et pourtant...

I laughed loudly at the the joke Axel told. It was the Monday after the whole text incident with Jae. Axel was a nice man and a good friend. We spoke often about our society and our roles in it. We both had experiences that we learned from that aged us a little bit beyond our years. I didn't know what went on with him and though the entire world knows a little of what happened to me he didn't look at me like I needed pity. He pushed me the hardest at the company while everyone still treats me slightly different because of my status. Axel was tall, strong, beautiful and wise. He proved himself to all naysayers by attending the best university in Europe despite having grown up in the slums.He was someone who had both street smarts and book smarts.

"You look happier these days miss." He said said in his usual smooth tone.

I chuckled "I am happier these days. The studio is a good place to let my demons out for a little while. They appreciate the escape as much as I do."

We were currently stretching before the students came in for class. Axel leaned back keeping himself propped up with his arms slightly behind him.

"Art has a uniqueness to it that allows one to confront their evils without going completely mad." He stated simply.

I nodded "You're right." I said softly

"Everyone has their demons Adeyemi, some never realize they can overcome them. I hope you and the evils you have can have peace one day." He said sincerely looking me in the eye.

We looked at eachother then and neither of us looked away. Nothing was said between us but the moment was built and right when something should happen, he was the one to break away.

"How is your son? Prince Adeneji?" He asked clearing the air.

"Oh he's great. Growing as much as he sleeps. I think he'll start crawling soon."

He gave me a bright smile. "You are going to be in for a world of trouble." He said chuckling

I giggled with him and then was caught off guard when he spoke again.

"How is your boyfriend? The crown prince?"

I shrugged "Ah, did you not hear? Although I gave birth we still have not gotten back together. Well we tried but it's not completely working so we've separated again. We're hoping to be able to work everything out by Aden first birthday."

Axel looked surprised by the information then just nodded "Ah. Well I hope it works out in a way that is best for everyone."

I smiled at that and he gave me a smile of his own before helping stand. Right on the dot our students came into the studio. I greeted them energetically as they did to me and they all sat down as we introduced todays concept. Love, unsure.

"What do you think that means?" I asked

Several students raised their hands and I picked on a young man perhaps my age or a year or two younger with bright blue eyes caramel skin and golden brown curls.

"That you are in love with someone but unsure of how to tell them." He stated

I smiled "Close Taavi, it means that you are in love but you are unsure if you can truly get close to this person. If you can really let them in."

"Or perhaps," Axel added "You want to be in this relationship but you feel like the other person is afraid or unwilling to get close to you."

The class all gave nods and made sounds of understanding

"So now that we've given you the verbal explanation. We'll also perform our story of love, unsure to you all. Before teaching it." I said and the studio erupted with shouts of their agreement.