All You've Ever Wanted

I stared at my phone in shock. My eyes watered and I couldn't help the crazed laugh that escaped my mouth. This had to be fake. There was no way. My eyes shifted from the screen to Aden who was sleeping soundly. I put in one side of my headphones in and played the video again. It was short but I could see his face clearly. The mole he has on his hip the scar he has on his thigh from a swordfight with his cousin. It was definitely Jae. But why? Why now? Perhaps this is old? It had to be old. He wouldn't dare cheat on me. Things between us had been going fine in my mind. His parents visit forced us to get closer and he took up for me as much I took defense for him against remarks his father or mother made about his parenting. We kissed more often now. I was warming up again and he knew this, so why? I paused the video. The girl he was with positioned on her knees before him her bluish silver locks bouncing as she bobbed her head. He groaned, that was definitely his groan. I looked to the door that led to the master bathroom. From my spot I could hear Jae humming. If I wasn't pissed it would be lulling me to sleep while Aden slept. Instead it infuriated me. I took a deep breath, there had to be a mistake. He hates cheaters. He cheated on his fiancee with you. Well yes, but I encouraged it even when he wanted to stop. He came back even though he knew it was wrong. He fell in love with me. We fell in love. Who is to say he won't fall in love with someone who acts just like you but gives him more attention. What if he found someone like you but without all the baggage? I am the mother of his child, he wants me to marry him. A baby doesn't permanently solve relationship issues. I sighed the argument I had with myself just left me more confused. Perhaps there was a trick of the light. Perhaps it is him. Do I even have a right to be angry? I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't notice that Jae had left the shower When the bathroom door opened I was jolted out of my thoughts and looked at him. He looked at me with a smile as he wiped the back on his neck with the towel. Should I wait to say something? I should wait.

"I need to talk to you." so much for waiting.

"Okay." Jae chuckled and laid on the bed resting his head on my lap.

"Sit up. It's Important." I said my voice low

He gave me a confused look but did as he was told. "What's going on?" His eyes concerned

I bit my lip and looked down at my hands that were fiddling with my phone and then to his face and then away again. "I don't want you to hate me for what I'm about to bring up. I know, I don't have the right to demand answers when I went between you and Ryan and all the other men I was entangled with. But I'm a selfish being, and I want answers."

Jae still looked confused. Please stay confused. "I mean sure but I still don't know what you are talking about."

I looked up at him and met his gaze "H-Have- have you slept with anyone since we've gotten back together?No wait. Have you had any kind of sexual encounter with anyone else since?" I asked looking away, I couldn't keep his gaze. Where did all of my self confidence go?

Jae looked at me and his eyes softened "Yemi, what brought this on?"

I shook my head. "Don't answer my question with another question please just answer it for me."

There was a silence and I felt my heart drop. "Are you still seeing her?"

"I didn't cheat on you. When we had our break and you left for France, I did have some flings but we weren't together."

"Before we got back together, did you sleep with a girl with bluish silver hair?" I asked

His jaw ticked " No."

"After?" I raised a brow

"No."

"Ever?"

"Perhaps? I don't remember all of the girls I've slept with over the years, do you?" He said exasperated