Time

" King Jeffery and Queen Mallory are now boarding the plane to the Kings Dinner Gala being hosted in Russia, this year their youngest son Crown Prince Gregory, will be meeting them there and attending the gala with them, Former Queen, Princess Ade...

" King Jeffery and Queen Mallory are now boarding the plane to the Kings Dinner Gala being hosted in Russia, this year their youngest son Crown Prince Gregory, will be meeting them there and attending the gala with them, Former Queen, Princess Adeyemi will not be in attendance stating 'I was only queen for a few months I don't believe I am qualified to attend.'" The reporter said through the screen. 

I smirked to myself. No way in Hell I'm going to any of those royal events ever again.  I sat in my huge bed in my lavish apartment. Mallory was all to eager to regain her position as queen when I approached her and Jeffery about it.  Jeffrey agreed after a short discussion with Mallory, most likely she probably guilt tripped him. Either way, I got to let go of my title and was free. I had money to spend from "old friends", and my portion of the American Royal family. I could literally do nothing with my life and spoil the shit out of my son and still have enough for him to be comfortable when I'm gone. I left America, I wasn't returning to Nigeria or Dubai. I left to Paris. 

I wasn't majorly recognizable, I loved it. I could live here very peacefully. In my house I still had help. I had a gardener, a cook for times where I just couldn't do it and of course housekeepers to help clean. I rubbed my belly softly humming along to the song that popped into my head.

I was nearing 9 months. I couldn't do much but waddle around, still I loved being pregnant. Sometimes I'd dream about what my son would look like. would he have my eyes? His fathers nose? Speaking of which it had been a while since we had spoken. That phone call after the interview a couple of months ago changed a lot of things.  Jae who used to answer every call became hard to get in touch with. But I could see what he was doing. He went out more, hung out with women I've never even seen and when he did call it was to speak to his son. Can I get a "hey how are you?" in the least? It would be helpful seeing as how I had been having small pains all day and no one to really complain to.

I felt a liquid pool between my  legs and soak up my sheets. Shit. I peed myself. Again. This had been happening as late since the baby was nearing his time to come out. I stood and rippedthe top sheet off. The bottom sheet was water proof. I threw the soiled sheet and my long maxi dress in the corner.  I grabbed another maxi dress and my towel and made my way to the bathroom. I started the water and began cleaning my self. The pains ai had earlier were getting more intense. I would call a car to get to the emergency room. This didn't feel right. I only hoped my baby was okay. When I got to my nether regions I noticed something odd.  Hair. Hair that didn't belong to me.This wasn't- 

oh.

Oh.

I didn't pee, my water broke. I yelled for one of my housekeepers.

"CAMILLE!" I screeched doing a squat waddle into my bedroom, my fluffy towel around me loosely. Shit, Camille wasn't here. Nobody was here. It's the bloody weekend. Okay, alright I can do this. The contractions were too close and I could feel the babys' head. I had to give birth now. 

"I have to get you out, right now, I have to do it now. " I said and crawled onto my bed.

I stopped myself from pushing and panted hard until I felt a contraction and pushed through them my hand placed under his head.

Oh God.

One two three. Push. One two three. Push. One two three. PUUUUSHHH. Push. 

But I was so tired of pushing  by this time. Okay, one more time, I can do it one more time.

 "Oh my God. It's my baby. My baby." I cried when he finally came out.

  I couldn't stop crying as I placed him on to the towel. I dried him off quickly I placed him on my chest. I ran my fingers on the outside of his nostrils to clear him of the amniotic fluid and stimulate his breathing and then down his back and and rib cage. He was breathing fine all on his own. I guided him to my nipple and brought him to my nipple. He fed immediately. I called the paramedics and they showed up soon enough. They cut the placenta  and they lifted me off and brought us both to the hospital. He was healthy, alive and handsome. My pretty little baby boy.  I took a small nape while the doctors did their thing. I ordered they return him to me as soon as they were done. I needed to keep him by my side. When He slept so did I. 

"Adeniji Junghwan Afolayan-Yi." I smiled looking down at the infant who was nursing peacefully.

Mother: Adeyemi Afolayan 

Father: Jaejeong Yi

He had my eye color like I had hoped, his fathers eye shape and but my mouth.  other than eye color and mouth shape, he looked like his father. My phone rang and I picked it up. I made sure I brought my phone with me. 

"Hello." I said tiredly

"Hey, I just called to say hi to Junghwan." He said

"You could ask how I'm doing one of these days. I'm not that important but I'm still an important piece to this equation." I said softly not wanting to wake the baby

"Fine. How are you?" He asked disinterested

"Wow, thanks for asking. You know I'm doing pretty good. I gave birth in my bedroom today so that's swell." I said softly

"What?"

"I gave birth to our son today." 

"Oh my God. Babe are you okay?" His voice full of concern "I'm so sorry I couldn't be there."

"I'm fine. Aden is fine. We're all fine. " I said softly "Yeah. I wish you were here. I wish somebody was there." I said softly

"No one was with you?" He asked in disbelief

"Nope. I did it all on my own until the paramedics came, cut the umbilical cord and brought us to the hospital." I said "I was very scared I thought I was going to mess up but I'm okay. I'm doing alright." 

"I'm glad to hear that. I'll be there soon. I'm going to catch the next flight out there." He said and I could hear some shuffling like he was throwing clothes and other things into his suitcase.

"You better. I'm sure you can imagine how displeased Aden would be if he doesn't see you soon." I joked

"May the Lord strike me should I displease my son so soon after his arrival." He joked back

We shared a laugh and then grew quiet.

"What is he doing now?" He asked

"Feeding. Again." I sighed shifting into a more comfortable position.

"You sound tired." He said softly

"I am." I agreed

"I'll let you go now."

"Much appreciated I'll see you when you get here." I yawned and hung up the phone.

I looked at the bundle in my arms and quickly snapped a photo. I sent it to Jae and then to Anja and Rafael. When he stopped feeding I rubbed his back gently until he burped and then set him into his bassinet.I fell asleep shortly after. God I felt so happy to be with my baby boy. He was all I needed, all I ever wanted. I didn't need a crown I didn't need a man. I just needed to stay in my little corner of peace with my baby boy.