I get in, drive to school, park, and walk inside to my locker. I grab the stuff I need from my locker and walk to my first class early since I have nowhere else to go. I sit down in my seat and just wait. Will, Uriah, and Zeke soon enter and sit down in their seats.

"Hey, Four. Is Tris better? Did she come to school today?" Zeke asks.

"No. When I went to see her, she was throwing up in the bathroom. She's supposed to go to the doctor today, so hopefully, she'll be better and able to come back to school tomorrow," I tell them.

"Oh. Well, we hope that she'll get better too," Will says, and the bell rings. The rest of our classmates file into the room, and Mrs.Johnson walks up to the front of the classroom. She takes roll and then starts today's lesson. But I tune out.

All I can think about is Tris.

---------------page break--------------

The bell rings, and I quickly gather my stuff. I drop it off at my locker, walk to the cafeteria, go through the lunch line, and sit down at the table. I start eating my food.

"How's Tris?" Marlene asks.

"No so good. When I got to her house this morning, she was throwing up. And she looked weak and nauseous. She said her mom is going to take her to the doctor today, so hopefully she'll get some medicine and get better," I tell them.

"Yeah. Hopefully, she does. Because I miss my best friend!" Christina whines.

"I know you do," I say. "Well. I'm going to Tris's house after school to give her her work and to see what the doctor said."

"Ok. Good. Can you text us when you find out?" Shauna asks.

"Yeah. Of course," I answer and look over at Uriah, Zeke, and Will. They've been really quiet. Too quiet for my liking.

"Hey, guys," I say, and they look up at me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Uriah says too quickly.

"Are you sure? You guys are really quiet."

"Yeah. We're fine," Will says.

"Are you positively sure?" I ask. "Because you guys are acting weirder than usual."

"Pft. We are not acting weird," Zeke says in his 'I'm lying' voice.

"What's wrong?" I ask again.

"Fine," Uriah says. "We're sad because graduation is coming up, and that means that you'll be moving to California. And we don't want you to leave."

"Oh. So that's why you're not talking," I say. "Listen, guys. I am going to miss all of you so much. Especially you guys because I've known you since we were four. It's going to be hard for me to leave, but this is my dream. I have to go for it. Don't worry. I'll be back."

"We know. But we don't know when you'll come back. For all we know you might not come back until the end of your career. We might not have our Four with us for years. What if we miss your life? What if you miss what happens in ours'? What if we lose touch with each other?" Zeke rambles on.

"Guys. We will not lose touch. I will make sure that we don't. And you guys can always visit me in California; I can visit you here. And until then, we can spend time together," I reply.

"But when? You've been spending all of your time with Tris," Will says.

"Well. Justin and I are supposed to have a bro day tomorrow. I can ask him if he's fine with you guys coming," I say.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

The bell rings, and I quickly throws trash away. I walk back to my locker, grab my stuff, and then walk to music class. I sit down in the front, and Tori comes in.