Contracting Vampires

~Hullo ma fledglings! i have a new story for you all!! *smiles bubbly*

It's a vampire one this time! Let me know what you think!~

I walked along the worn and beaten dirt road, the sun low in the sky and the birds chirping happily.

It had been two weeks since I left my small town by the sea, heading inland in search of the group of lost teenagers.

The group that I got blamed for. I tried to tell the town members, over and over again.

How could I have done something like that?

Someone set me up, and that's all I know.

I'd gotten minor leads as to what really happened to them, but still nothing ground breaking.

I have to make it to the next town before sundown.

I saw the village that my map states to be Amunroe, and sped up my pace slightly in relief.

My stomach growled at the thought of food and I was already in desperate need of supplies.

I pulled the hood of my cloak over my face right before I entered the town, people always remembered faces they weren't supposed to.

A tavern caught my attention, it was a small one, quiet, and it had food.

Good enough for me.

I stepped in and went straight to the counter, thank God no one looked at me.

The bartender looked pleased to have a customer.

"I need a small room, and a decent meal." I put a small handful of gold coins on the table and the man, who looked about 65, smiled pleasently.

"Yes my good sir!"

He passed me a key with a number on it for the room then said I could sit at a table anywhere and he'd bring out the food.

I sat in a corner, facing the door, safety first.

That's when I noticed a man, sitting across the room in another corner.

Watching me.

Who is he?

Ren:

I felt struck as a smallish, hooded figure walked into the room.

I heard what he asked of the bartender and was shocked slightly at how easily this lone traveler just dumped the coins on the table.

Who is he? Someone of importance?

He is obviously just passing through the town, like me.

When he sat in the other corner of the room our eyes connected.

I refused to look away first.

For a human his eyes shine with more intelligence than I'd ever seen in a normal person.

The intelligence of a vampire was more like it.

He seemed to be carrying a heavy burden.

He looked tired, pained, sad.

My heart rate sped up at the sight of him again.

He looked away first and I smirked.

He seems to have figured out exactly what I am.

Vampires and humans live side by side, although vampires are much rarer, even more so than ghosts.

The boys food was brought to him and he ate warily, albeit tiredly.

Since the moment he had entered the room, his blood had called to me. I tried to ignore it but now it was getting border line impossible.

Looks like I found my first contractor.