40th Heart

"S-Sir, I'm s-sorry I can't go to work this day. I'm taking my son to the doctor," I said from the other line.

"Jeon, that's not my problem anymore. Find a way to get here!"

"Please, Mr. Kim. Just for a day and then I'll be back tomorrow, for sure." I suggested, hoping he would agree.

"No!"

With that response from him, I ended the call. No one can stop me from spending time to my son, especially him. Of course he doesn't know that our son's condition is very important to me, that's why I'm working hard.

He's been so cold at me lately, and forgot how should I be treated. I just hate his attitude nowadays, especially when he cancel all his important meetings just to attend Carol's invitation for dates. He said so himself that I'll cancel any appointment that concerned about her. Is he doing this on purpose?

Is he making me jealous?

"No, it can't be," I ruffled my hair in frustration! Aish! Why am I thinking about that though. It's not like I'm affected, right?

"Mommy? Is your work really important to your boss?" Taekook asked, popping out of nowhere. "For what it seemed like, yes, since he is overreacting," I replied.

"Oh."

"Then, aren't you going to office today?" He asked pouting, thinking that I won't be spending my time with him like what I've promised yesterday.

"I'm staying with you, baby." I smiled and pecked his little nose. He giggled and hugged me by my neck.

"I want ice cream, mommy," he suggested. "Oh, Strawberry. You can't have ice cream and you know why."

"Okay, how 'bout Mc Donald's?"

"I don't think so, Strawberry. But don't worry, if you keep drinking water, you can have Mc Donald's." I cheered him up. "Really, mommy?!" I nodded in response.

"Let's go, baby?" I asked as I laced my hands with his tiny ones.

Third Person's P.O.V.

"Doctor Lee, how is he?" Jungkook asked nervously, tapping his fingers underneath the table.

"Well, allow me to ask a few questions first," the doctor replied, Jungkook nodded in response.

"Does he have any recent coughs, runny nose, or fevers?"

"He has runny nose till now, doc. He also had high fever last week," Jungkook answered.

"I see, does he get cold easily?" The doctor asked. "Y-Yes," he answered.

"Mr. Jeon, I'm sorry to tell you this but if he gets another severe fever again, he needs to go for a treatment in the emergency room. His croup is getting worse and should be looked out carefully."

After that statement, Jungkook doesn't know what to react. He needs help, but don't know where or whom to get. He's just worried for his dear son. He surely don't want to lose another child.

"Very well, Doctor Lee. I'll report to you if he had those illness." Jungkook tried to smile, eyeing his son who is currently playing with the provided Iron Man action figure at the other bed.

"You'll be fine, I promise."

"Strawberry?" He called out. The said boy turned and ran to his direction. "Yesh, mommy?"