38th Heart

"Jungkook, how much long?" Taehyung asked for the hundred times.

"10 more minutes and you'll be off," I replied. Of course I know why he needs this celebration to be done though. That is, he wants to talk to me about that thing.

"Can we ditch this instead?"

"No, sir. For what it seemed like, this party is important since it's pretty fancy," I replied. Although I may talk normal to him, my insides are about to explode. Talking and working to your ex-husband is such a shame.

"But if so, what would you like to talk about me, sir?" I questioned. "It's about yesterday."

"Please don't mind that again, Mr. Kim. You know it's personal and this is not the proper place to talk about that."

"But can I ask you a question?"

"I can't see why not," I said bluntly, shrugging my shoulders off.

"I know it's not my place, but can you tell me who's that child yesterday?" He asked, which sent shivers down my spine.

Taehyung's P.O.V.

"I know it's not my place, but can you tell me who's that child yesterday?" I asked him. Whatever will be his answer, I'm ready for I know this would happen.

"He's m-my s-son," he stuttered. And that's how my heart breaks again.

"Oh."

"What's his name?" I asked again. "S-Strawberry."

"It's c-cute." I commented.

"How 'bout his fa-" Before I could finish my words, he cut me off. "Please don't ask any further questions, sir. You've said yourself it's not your place to know."

That's how I realized I should really keep my mouth shut, I'm sound too desperate.

_____

"Jeon, wouldn't you mind if we spend time a bit?"

"I'm sorry, sir. But I have a child to look out for." He apologized, or somewhat alibied so we can't talk. You're too obvious, Jeon.

"Okay then. Can I offer you a ride home?"

"N-No, thanks. You know it's not appropriate for an employee to ask something from their boss." He said. "Ah, yes! You're right. Why would I forget that? Plus, you're not asking, it's an offer." I scratched my head because of embarrassment. Stupid stupid stupid Taehyung!

"Okay then. Good night, Mr. Kim." He smiled and walked away to grab a taxi.

"You too, babe." I whispered. "I miss the old you," I added as I eyed the cab drove away.

A ring from my phone interrupted my thoughts of him. I fished it out from my pockets, and it was just Carol. I declined her call, but she called again, so I answered it. This should be important or else.

"Why'd you call?" I asked though the phone.

"Come home quick, the Jeons are here." She said from the other line, voice uneven. Before anything, I ended the call and rushed to my black Montero Sport.

I reached the place, a bit nervous you can say. I'm still in a partnership with the Jeons even though Jungkook and I were divorced. But though, few things have changed. Well, I'm personally connected to them because of Jihyo, Jungkook's little sister.