"What do you mean what? What are you doing out here?" She asked, looking into the car.

I bit my lip looking at hers. "I was just chilling." I said with a shrug.

She rolled her eyes. "Open the door, Roman." She said reaching in the car.

"Ugh, why?" I teased unlocking the door. I smacked my lips as she got in catching a peek at her ass.

"Are you ever going to stop being an asshole all your life?" She asked, slamming the door and taking her hood off. I burst out laughing my fist over my mouth as I looked at her. She rolled her eyes. "You're childish."

She pulled her hoodie back on and I just kept laughing before pulling it back off and pointing. "What is that?"

"It's a fucking bonnet." She grimaced, snatching away. "Can you stop? You're a dick."

"You look like my moms when she comes home from work. She's a fucking lunch lady, bro." I was literally dying, my chest aching from laughing so much.

She hit my arm. "Stooopp." She whined.

"Okay, okay." I said while putting my hands up.  "But for real, you look like an old ass lady, man. Take that shit off."

"No, I just washed my hair." She said, shoving me again. "You get on my nerves. Why are you still even here?"

"Told you I was chilling." I told her, rolling my eyes.

She instantly got serious and was quiet for a while. I didn't wanna bother her but for some reason, I always wanted to know what was on her mind.

"Why did you lie to me?" She finally asked. It took me by surprise honestly.

I sat there quiet for a while. I looked out the window because I knew she was looking at me.

"You could've told me before. Why tell me your sister died if she didn't...?" She continued. "What did you think? That I would judge you or something?"

"I don't know. It just sounded most con-"

"I don't wanna hear that shit. You're mister 'I hate liars' but a damn liar yourself." She snapped, pointing at me.

I smacked my lips. "Man..."

"I'm listening..." she said. After a few minutes of sitting there and realizing I wasn't going to say anything, she sighed. "I don't know. I thought maybe you would wanna talk. Silly me, trying to be there for your ass."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't need anyone to be there for me, man." I said, laughing. She looked serious though. "Look-"

"What's the real story?" She asked. "And I mean the real deal. No bullshit."

"What-"

"You owe me, for real." She cut me off. Cut me off again... sexy ass. I smacked my lips and tilted my head back, thinking about the story of me.

"Where to start?" I asked her. Something told me to look at her, I took a quick glance. She looked at me like i was the most interesting person alive. For the moment.

"The beginning."

1998, Atlanta

"Mommy, mommy!" Lyah yelled racing me to see my mother at the door as she came in with her bags.

"Hi babies. Hi mommy's babies." She cooed, giving us kisses.

It was one of those days where she got to come home early because it was a half a day at the school she worked at. She was a lunchaid, almost 8 hours a day for a funky check that barely got the rent paid. We lived in one of the poorer ends of Atlanta, run-down apartments where the drug dealers liked to find young minds to corrupt. Every day my mother came home from work and she worked some more. Her husband was never around because he was always out cheating on her. She knew it, we all knew it even back then.