Chapter 32

Bella's P.O.V

The next day was Christmas, and we spent Christmas at Charlie's.

"The snow is sticking," I said, looking out the window.

Edward walked up behind me. "But we still have today,"

I turned to watch as Sue helped my dad clean up in the kitchen. "I'm so glad my dad has somebody to care for him,"

"Bella, no one's giving up here," Edward said.

Charlie suddenly walked into the room. "Alright, present time! Let's go!"

We entered the living room, and I sat beside Edward on the couch. Renesmee was sitting by the fireplace next to Jacob. Seth and Leah were still eating beside us, and my dad sat beside Sue.

"Seth, Leah, stop eating. Jacob, you start. Get it going." Charlie said.

Jacob handed a present to Renesmee, and she opened it.

"Well, dad, we didn't have time to wrap yours, but here it is," I said, handing him a piece of paper and sitting back down.

"It's a five-day fishing trip on the Fraser River. It is for you and Sue," I said.

"You leave tomorrow," Edward said.

"Wow, that's nice. Thank you. Tomorrow, I can't...I can't leave tomorrow." Dad said.

"I made arrangements for you at work," Sue said.

"Very sneaky and extravagant."

"And nonrefundable, I'm afraid," Edward said.

Charlie looked at us with suspension. "You two trying to get rid of me?"

We didn't know what to say until Charlie spoke again. "Cause it's working! Fraser River that means we'll be chasing cutthroats."

"We might even hook a rainbow or some bulls," Sue said.

"Woman knows her trout."

I walked over to Renesmee and looked at what Jacob had got her. It was very sweet that Jacob wanted to give her a Christmas gift.

"Hey, beautiful, let me see," I said.

Jacob had gotten her a little bracelet he made for her. I always remember when Jacob would have made me a bracelet.

"Do you want me to put it on you?" I asked.

Renesmee nodded, and I put the bracelet on her wrist. "It's so pretty,"

"It is beautiful," I said.

"Thanks, Jacob," Renesmee said, hugging him.

"You're welcome,"

I turned to Edward smiling, and Edward smiled too.

A couple of days later...

Jacob's P.O.V

As the snow fell, the vampires and I set up camps in the woods the next night. I brought some wood and dropped it on the ground, and then Benjamin used his powers to produce fire from his fingertips and threw it in the woods to start a fire.

"That's what I'm talking about, a little pre-battle bonfire, telling war stories," I said.

I sat beside Benjamin, looked across the fire, and saw the other vampires standing.

"They're just standing there like freaking statues," I said.

Suddenly, Garrett spun in and sat next to them by the fire. "Name any American battle; I was there."

"Little Big Horn," I said.

"I came this close to biting Custer, but the Indians caught him first."

Suddenly, Kate pinned in and sat next to Garrett. "Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople; he did not win that one alone,"

"If you're talking battles, you're talking the Eleven Years War. No one does rebellion like the Irish." Liam said.

"You lost the Eleven Years War,"

"Aye, but it was one hell of a rebellion."

Vladimir was the same and sat around the campfire with the other vampires. "When we ruled, everything came to us; Prey diplomats favor seekers. Such was our power, but we never wore white hats and called ourselves saints."

"We were honest about what we were," Stefan said.

"We sat still for a long time; we did not notice we were beginning to petrify."

"Perhaps the Volturi did us a favor when they burned our castles."

"We have been waiting fifteen hundred years to return that favor."

Edward's P.O.V

As everybody was sitting by the campfire talking, Dad and I were watching.

"I can't help thinking; all these people are putting themselves in danger because I fell in love with a human," I said.

"You found your mate. You deserve to be happy," Carlisle said.

"But at what cost?"

"Everyone here has something to fight for. I certainly do."

I looked over at Bella and Renesmee, who were in their tent. "Carlisle, I have never thanked you for this extraordinary life."

Carlisle put his hand on my shoulder, and we continued to watch the others.

Bella's P.O.V

"Renesmee, I have something for you," I said, taking a necklace out of my pocket.

"What is it?"

I handed her the necklace, and Renesmee took the locket. She opened the locket containing a photo of Edward and me and an engraved message saying, "Plus que ma propre vie."

"It means "more than my own life," and that's how much I love you," I said.

Renesmee closed it and looked at me.

"Tomorrow, I will need you to stay with Jacob, no matter what. Even if I tell him that, he has to take you somewhere," I said.

Renesmee started to cry, and I put her into my arms.

"Hey, baby, it is all right. You are going to be safe, always." I said.

I stayed in the tent the rest of the night with her while she fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked it.

Please...

Vote

Share

Comment!!!!