Chapter 24

Jacob's P.O.V.

While on patrol, thoughts of Bella and my deep connection with Renesmee occupied my mind. It was strange, but my heart still longed for Bella.

As we sat on the beach, crashing waves filled the air while Seth, Leah, and Embry chatted beside me. Quil was with Claire. She was still tiny. Paul was holding hands with my sister, Rachel. Jared was with Kim. Sam and Emily were inseparable. They were all lounging on the warm sand, enjoying the day. Embry, Seth, and Leah are still trying to track down their imprintees.

Leah sighed. "I wish I could imprint on someone and forget about Sam," she said.

Seth expressed a desire for company, too.

Leah nodded. "I bet. But what about me? I lost the love of my life to a vampire," I said.

"If you're imprinted, your imprintee can distract you from Bella," Leah suggested.

I nodded. If only they were aware of me and Renesmee.

"It's been tough. Even though we're friends, I still care for Bella. I left Sam's pack to start my own," I explained.

"Wait, you quit? I thought you were kidding," Embry said.

"Nope."

"Then, if you are not lying, who's in your pack?"

"Seth and Leah."

"Is that true, guys?"

"Yep." Seth and Leah said.

"Well, can I be in the pack?" Embry asked.

"Sure, but you have to tell Sam," I responded.

"Okay, but he wouldn't like it."

"I know. That's why I'm asking you to tell Sam."

"Ha, ha, hilarious."

I then both got up. "Well, I got to go. We have a shift, of course, if you are in my pack," I said.

"Okay," said Seth and Leah.

Embry asked, "Your shift's in the afternoon?"

"Yeah, Sam and I set it up. They are in the evening, and we are in the afternoon," I responded.

"Oh, I would instead like to patrol in the evening."

"Okay then, go tell Sam."

"Alright."

They got up, and we headed to the forest off the beach.

Bella's P.O.V.

Upon arriving at the house, we entered the living room, where Renesmee approached Edward.

"Wow, you're growing up fast," Edward remarked.

My smile grew wider as I watched Edward converse with Renesmee. Losing my family is something I cannot bear. Edward and Renesmee hold a special place in my heart.

My smile vanished. Edward noticed and asked, "Are you alright?"

"It's nothing. I'm worried that's all," I responded.

"Me too, Bella. Everybody is going to be okay. My parents left to find the Egyptian Coven, but they'll return soon. For now, we stay here."

The Egyptian Coven hailed from Egypt. They followed a vegetarian diet but consumed human blood and formed mating pairs.

"But what about the other covens? We need more," I asked.

The Denali Coven lived in Alaska. They had golden eyes like my family's, which had changed this morning.