Chapter 8

Jacob's P.O.V

Two minutes later, Bella was back. She lowered her head, hiding her eyes, but looked up when she stood before me. I noticed the brown contacts in her eyes.

"What do you think? Do I look more human?" Bella inquired.

"Yes, except you are way paler than before," I responded.

Bella nodded.

"We should head out now," I suggested.

"Yeah," Bella said.

As we walked out, Embry, and Quil looked at us.

"Wow, Bella, you look hotter than before," Quil said.

Bella looked curious. "Thanks," she said.

Growling, I said, "Quil, don't flirt with Bella. You have an imprintee."

Quil glanced at his feet. "Sorry," he apologized.

"Let's go before they speak further," I suggested.

"Okay," Bella said.

Bella's P.O.V

As Jacob headed over to his motorcycle, he asked, "You don't mind us taking my motorcycle, right?"

"No, I don't mind," I responded.

"Okay great."

We walked over to his motorcycle, which Jacob had parked, and I got on. I put on the helmet I used to wear, and so did he.

"So, where are we going again?" I asked.

"Into town," Jacob responded.

"Okay."

"Are you scared?"

"No."

Of course, I am terrified. Jacob could tell I was lying.

Jacob smirked at me. "Ah, huh," he chuckled.

"Jake, I can do that," I said.

"Alright, I don't want to lose you if you hurt someone."

"I know."

I laid my head on his back, and Jacob drove onto the road.

Upon our arrival in Seattle, there were a multitude of people. I had to remain composed to resist getting lost in their fragrance. I exited the vehicle after Jacob parked the motorcycle in the parking lot.

"So, Bella, since yesterday was your birthday and I didn't see you, I want to get you something," Jacob said.

"That's so sweet, Jacob. I need nothing. Having you as a friend is enough for me," I responded.

"You've never said that before."

"I know."

"Why did you say that? Do you still have feelings for me?"

"I don't know."

I glanced at my feet. Jacob approached. "Bella, I sense your feelings. Your vampire eyes and our mountain kiss reveal it," he remarked.

"I know you do," I said.

Jacob took my hand, and I glanced at him. "Can I hold your hand? We can be friends," he suggested.

I nodded, gripping his hand. "Yeah, but make it less realistic," I responded.

We walked out of the parking lot and onto the sidewalk into town.

"Bella," Jacob said.

I glanced at Jacob and responded, "Yes."

"We're close to humans, so you must control your thirst," Jacob advised.