Chapter 6

Bella's P.O.V

Edward and I returned to the main house the following day. At the dinner table, Emmett and Carlisle were reading a newspaper.

Emmett glanced up, grinning. "Finished so soon?" he inquired.

Ignoring him, I asked, "Where's Renesmee?"

"She's with Rosalie outside," Carlisle responded.

I nodded.

Emmett asked, "Did you break stuff?"

I shook my head. "Emmett. No." I responded.

Everyone chuckled except me. The phone rang. I strolled to it, curious about the caller. "Is it Charlie?" I inquired.

"He's been calling twice a day," Edward responded.

"We will have to tell him you didn't make it," Carlisle said.

I shook my head.

"Bella, he has been calling for days, wondering if you are okay," Edward said.

I nodded with a frown.

"He needs to mourn Bella," Edward whispered.

"Okay, we'll tell him tomorrow," I said.

I returned to Edward's side to stand with him. All nodded in agreement.

"I'm going to miss this place," Emmett said.

"What do you mean?" I asked in a severe tone.

"We have to leave. Everybody thinks you're dead, and we can't risk anyone seeing you," Carlisle said.

I nodded, expressing my sadness. It will be tough not seeing Charlie.

Edward came over, touched my shoulder, and reassured me, "Don't worry, Bella. Everything will be fine. You can still visit Jacob."

Jacob almost slipped my mind. I have to chat with him. "Yeah," I responded.

"Bella, let's hunt for food," Edward suggested.

"Soon, I desire to see Renesmee."

"Bella, no. Remember, you need to hunt first."

"Edward, I can control my thirst," I said.

With swift vampire speed, I rushed past Edward, down the stairs, and out the door to meet Renesmee.

I walked outside, headed down to Rosalie's location, and saw her holding Renesmee on the ground. "Hey," I greeted her.

Rosalie saw me and walked over to put her in my arms. "Hey, Bella, I took care of your baby while you were gone, and now she's yours," she said.

Since yesterday, Renesmee has grown even more prominent. She became even more beautiful.

"Hey, beautiful," I said.

"I'll be inside if you need anything," Rosalie said before heading inside.

"Okay," I said.

Rosalie entered; Edward passed her, then came to me, surprised. "Bella, you handle her scent so well," he remarked.

"I know I'm trying for her," I said.

Edward nodded and leaned down to kiss my cheek.

We returned indoors and went upstairs to the living room. I took a seat, and Edward joined me. My phone started ringing in my pocket as soon as we sat down. I gave Renesmee to Edward and took my phone from my pocket to check the caller. It was Jacob. I stood up, walked downstairs to the front door, and walked out.