Chapter 9

Jacob's P.O.V

Walking down the street, I paused at a bench. "Bella, let's sit. I have something for you," I said.

Bella sits beside me, saying, "Okay."

After we sat down, I grabbed my bag and pulled out a box.

Bella asked, "What did you get me?"

I handed Bella the box. She opened it and saw the bracelet. She removed the bracelet from the box and examined it.

"It's a werewolf charm," I explained.

"It's lovely, like the one you gifted me at graduation," Bella remarked.

"Yep, it's a charm bracelet, so you can add charms to it."

"Wow, it's beautiful. Thank you, Jake."

Bella hugged me.

I said, "You're welcome.'"

We moved away. Bella gazed at the bracelet. "Will you put it on me?" she inquired.

"Sure," I responded.

I took the bracelet and wrapped it around her wrist.

After wrapping the bracelet around her wrist, I withdrew my hands, gazed at her, and grinned. Bella admired its beauty and said she would dedicate all her charms to me.

I hugged her. "That's sweet," I told her.

We separated once more, our eyes meeting.

Bella's P.O.V

Jacob stared at me, and then an awkward silence ensued. I shifted my gaze and stood up. "Let's head out now," I suggested.

Jacob stood up, too, and spoke. "Yeah,"

We began strolling along the sidewalk down the street. Continuing, Jacob paused in front of a restaurant several buildings down.

"I'm hungry and getting some food. Come in and watch," Jacob invited.

"It's okay. I will hang out here and try to get used to being around humans. I'll come soon." I responded.

"Okay, see you soon."

Once Jacob had left, I strolled around. As I walked past a group of guys, they glanced at me and made remarks. Am I that hot as a vampire?

After a 10-minute walk, I reached a shop. Inside, the Quileute tribe's jewelry caught my eye. I chose a necklace, and the cashier warned me, "It's delicate and rare. Be careful."

"Okay," I said, looking at the necklace.

"Do you like the necklace?"

"Yes."

"Do you want it?"

A cute boy walked out and spoke. "Don't beg her to get it."

"I'm not," said the older guy.

The young boy looked at me and smiled. "I'm sorry, my name is Collin Littlesea, and you are..." the young boy asked.

"I'm Bella Cullen," I responded.

"Nice to meet you, Bella,"

"Anyway, back to the necklace," the older man interrupted.

"Yeah," I said.

"Do you want it?"

"No, I'm looking for a charm for my charm bracelet."

I put it down and showed him my charm bracelet.