Chapter 27

Jacob's P.O.V

As we boarded the plane, I settled into my seat, feeling the soft cushion beneath me. Bella is conversing with Renesmee about her choice of seating. Renesmee came over and settled down beside me, her warm presence comforting. Bella sat with Edward because she thought it would be awkward since we kissed yesterday.

Renesmee looked at me as I looked at her, and she smiled. Then, I looked towards the window.

Ten to fifteen minutes later, we were in the air. Renesmee shivered, and I noticed she did not have a blanket with her.

"Are you cold?" I inquired.

Renesmee nodded, rubbing her arms to keep herself warm. I wrapped my arms around her and spoke. "Let me help you,"

Renesmee nestled into my embrace. Her head rested on my chest, creating a comforting and intimate connection. Edward and Bella saw me holding onto her. Their expressions turned inquisitive. It was as if they were trying to piece together the meaning behind our embrace.

"She's cold," I respond.

Bella nodded, her lips curling up into a small, satisfied smile.

A minute later, Renesmee cocks out, and for the rest of the flight, Renesmee sleeps. She must have felt tired. Feeling exhausted, I napped.

Bella's P.O.V

It was a joy to witness Jacob's cute interactions with my child. I knew Jacob cared for her. It was all in that connection. But I hope he stays a brother or a friend to her. That's all I want for Renesmee right now.

After hours of pretending to sleep, I opened my eyes and saw Jacob wide awake. As Renesmee slept, he ran his fingers through her hair, feeling the softness against his skin. I grinned and laid my head against Edward's shoulder.

"Edward," I said.

"Yeah,"

"I think everything will be fine."

Edward kissed my forehead. "I hope so too," he said.

Jacob's P.O.V

An hour later, Renesmee stirs and untangles herself from my arms.

I grinned. "Hey, sleepyhead," I greeted him.

Bella and Edward saw Renesmee wake up as well.

"Hey, sweetie," Bella said.

"Hi," Renesmee said.

"How did you sleep?"

"Good."

"Well, we will land in fifty-five minutes."

"Okay, mommy."

Renesmee handed me a children's book. "Can you read this to me?" she asked.

"Huh, sure," I said.

I opened the book and started reading it to her.

After finishing the book, she clapped. "That book was great!" she exclaimed.

I closed the book and smiled. "Yes, it was," I said.

After another hour of flying, we touched down. We grabbed our bags, feeling their weight in our hands. Without a second thought, I clasped Renesmee's hand. We navigated through the bustling crowd to exit the plane. Bella and Edward hurried behind us. They grabbed their bags, their footsteps echoing.

Inside the airport, we walked to chairs and sat down. I looked at my phone, and I saw a message from Embry.

Embry- Everything is fine. We hope you get there safely.

Me- I arrived at the airport. Sorry, I now saw your text. Be home soon.

Embry- Great, I have important news.

Me- What is it?

Embry- I will call you later. I do not want to ruin your trip.

Me- Tell me!

Embry- Fine. Quil wants to join the pack.

Me- Why?

Embry- He said Sam is mean or bossy and does not like his rules anymore. He thinks that imprinting on a child is now against the treaty.

Me- It is not; besides, I believe Renesmee is my imprintee. My wolf has been acting weird, as I have been near her all day. Also, my strange connection to her felt stronger.

I looked at Renesmee for a second, and she looked at me. I smiled at how cute she was.

Embry- What? Wait, do you think it is possible that you imprinted on Bella and Edward's child?

Me- Yeah, not important right now. Let's go back to Quil. When I get back, I will talk to him. Yet, for now, tell him it is a no.

Embry- Okay

Me- Well, I have to go. Bye.

Embry- Bye.

With my phone tucked in my pocket, I observed Bella and Edward emerging into view.

"We should head out. I got us a car; it's waiting outside," Edward mentioned.

"Okay." We all said.

Exiting the airport, we heard the bustling sounds. Taxis were honking, and people were chatting. As someone approached us, they grabbed our bags and stashed them in the truck. I entered from the left, and Bella handled Renesmee on the opposite side. Bella closed the door and settled into the passenger's side. Edward took care of closing the truck door and paying the person. He sat in the driver's seat, fastened his seatbelt, shut the door, and departed.

 He sat in the driver's seat, fastened his seatbelt, shut the door, and departed

Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked it.

Please vote, comment, and share!