Chapter 26

Jacob's P.O.V

The following day, I dressed and packed for my Alaska trip. I notified Seth and Leah of my temporary absence. When I headed out to speak to them, I saw Embry approaching me from the woods.

"Hey, Embry," I said.

"Hey, Jacob, I have news."

"What news?"

"You know, a couple of days ago, when I asked to join your pack, you told me to tell Sam first."

"Yeah."

"Well, I told him I'm in your pack now."

"Great, you're my beta now if you are in the pack, and I need a favor from you."

"What is it?"

"Need you in charge while I'm away with the Cullens?"

"Wait, why are you leaving with the Cullens?"

"I promised Bella that I would protect her child from the Volturi. I have told you I'm helping protect their child."

"Jacob, we are not supposed to be helping the Cullens. They are enemies to us."

"That is what Sam says, and I don't follow him anymore. That's why I quit, and if you don't like what I'm doing, you shouldn't be part of my pack."

"Fine, but you know I'll never be fond of the Cullens."

"I know anyway. I'm heading to Cullen's now to go to Alaska now. See you in a couple of days, and I almost forgot. Can you inform the remaining two? I'm late and don't have time to inform them."

"Yeah sure."

"Okay, thanks."

I ran off on my motorcycle and headed to Cullen's house.

Bella's P.O.V

I finished packing our things. I included everything for both me and Renesmee. Edward was with Renesmee at the main house. My only task was to pack for our departure. I wondered where Jacob was. He should have arrived by now. He must be running late.

I walked towards the main house and crossed its threshold, greeted by the warmth of the air. I watched Edward guide Renesmee's tiny fingers across the piano keys. She's growing and seems to look about six years old.

"Hey," I said, walking in.

Edward glanced my way and greeted, "Hey, sweetie."

"Have you seen Jacob? He should've arrived by now," I mentioned.

As Edward opened his mouth to speak, the roar of Jacob's motorcycle filled the air.

I smiled. "Speaking of the devil," I remarked.

Jacob arrived, and I quickly went downstairs to open the door.

"You're late," I said.

"Sorry, pack stuff to deal with," Jacob responded.

I nod. We headed upstairs, and I saw Renesmee playing this time.

Jacob walked in, and as Renesmee saw him, she spoke. "Hi, Jacob,"

Jacob greeted Renesmee with a smile on his face. "Hey, Renesmee."

Jacob then looked at me with curiosity. "Renesmee, can talk now?" he asked.

"Yeah, she started today. She's still working on it, though," I responded.

With a nod, Jacob's gaze returned to Renesmee, studying her.

Carlisle entered the room, announcing, "Everything's ready in the car."

"Okay," I said.

Jacob glanced out the window. "Hold on," he exclaimed.

I gazed at Jacob, concerned. "What's wrong?" I inquired.

"Sam, he has something," Jacob responded.

Jacob and I made our way downstairs and caught sight of Sam waiting at the door.

"Hey, Sam," Jacob said.

"Hey, I have a note. 'Last night, Alice and Jasper passed through our land on their way to the ocean, leaving a letter.'"

"They came back?"

"Yeah, they wanted to give this to you, Bella."

Taking the letter, I replied, "Thanks."

While Jacob bid farewell to Sam, I made my way back indoors. I dashed upstairs to join everyone.

"I've got a note from Alice and Jasper," I mentioned.

"What does it say?" Carlisle inquired.

"It said. 'Alice urged gathering witnesses before snow sticks. That is when they will come.'"

"We did that. Well, Rosalie and Emmett aren't back yet," Esme mentioned.

"They will be back tonight or tomorrow," Carlisle responded.

Jacob walked in. "All right, let us get this show on the road," he said.

"I'll take Renesmee to the car now," I volunteered.

Renesmee rose from the chair and approached me. With a firm grip on her hand, we walked towards the car, the engine humming in the distance. Jacob, too, followed us. I strapped Renesmee into the car next to Jacob. I could hear Edward's footsteps coming from the front door. I hopped into the car, feeling the smooth leather seats against my back.

"Ready, guys?" Edward inquired.

"Yep." We all responded.

"Alright."

Edward pulled out of the driveway. The engine hummed as we started our journey to the airport for our flight to Alaska.

 The engine hummed as we started our journey to the airport for our flight to Alaska

Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked it.

Please vote, comment, and share!