Chapter 1

Jacob's P.O.V

After I tried to bring Bella back to life, I gave up and looked at Edward next to me, trying to save Bella. "I won't kill you. Just going to let you suffer." I then walked out.

After walking out the door, I sat on the steps and cried. The pack lay yards away, but my upset overshadowed any concern.

After crying for a while, I woke up, walked inside, and found Rosalie holding Renesmee. I was so mad and wanted to kill that baby that hurt Bella. So I walked in behind the couch, getting closer to Renesmee, but interrupted.

"Jacob, we need you outside," Carlisle said.

"For what?"

"Your pack is here."

"I bailed on them."

"Oh, they need to talk to you, anyway."

"Fine, I'll be there in a second."

Carlisle walked outside while I glanced at the baby, reminding myself to handle it later. I stepped back out and saw Jasper, Emmett, Alice, Carlisle, and Esme standing in front of the house with Sam's pack.

Looking at them with curiosity, I asked, "What are you guys doing here?"

Sam came up to me and said, "Bella died because of Renesmee. We wanted to kill her."

Scoffing with a smirk, I asked Sam, "How will you manage that? Rosalie has her in her arms."

"We'll figure out a way."

Glancing at Edward, covered in blood, I asked, "Why come out here? Weren't you saving Bella?"

"I was, but I heard you guys."

I nodded, then turned to Paul. "You can't touch Renesmee," I insisted.

Paul stood close, saying, "I can do this; no rule stops me."

Sam and Jared approached the house. I transformed into a wolf, growling. "I don't care about the baby, but I won't let anyone harm Bella's property," I asserted.

Alice's eyes widened, and she whispered to Edward. "Did I hear what I heard?"

"Yes, I'm surprised myself."

"Same," Emmett said.

Sam looked at me, puzzled. "Why care for the baby? I thought you loved Bella," he asked.

"I don't, but I care about Bella. If she turns into a vampire, I don't want her to think I'm a bad friend for harming her child," I explained.

Sam nodded. "I see," he acknowledged.

They paused. Then, Paul said, "What a surprise. I wouldn't defend someone who harmed my loved one."

"I get it, but I don't want Bella to hate me for the rest of her life,"

"She wouldn't know if she was dead!"

"You don't even know if she's dead!"

Sam spoke in his alpha tone. "That's enough!" Seth and Leah came out, and Sam continued, "We have to finish this. She's a killer."

I growled, "You have to get through us to reach her,'" I emphasized.

Seth stood beside me, saying, "Also, us, too."

Paul tried to get past me, but I stopped him by pushing him out of the way. Sam tried to get past them, but Seth and Leah moved him away.

"Why don't you give up and go home? You're not getting past me even if you try again. The Cullens will attack you!" I yelled.

Sam groaned. "Fine, but you know we will return," he said.

"I know," I nodded, confirming my understanding.

Sam and Paul left together. I changed back into my human form. I cannot believe I protected Renesmee from getting hurt. What is wrong with me?

Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked it

Please vote, comment, and share!