The Castle (Ash's PoV)

We got to the Battle Royale just in time. The second we got there, they were handing out the last of the entry tickets. We all head in, finding that there were at least 300 people in the room, trainers and performers alike. Serena looked awestruck at the rooms beauty; dark oak wood flooring, midnight blue walls and ceiling, with incredible details etched into the walls. The chandelier in the center of the room was large and pure gold it seemed.
"Wow! This ballroom is amazing!" She squealed. I smiled. It was fun to see her so excited.
"Man, this room ought've cost millions of bucks!" Kyle said, and it was true. The room looked like something out of a fantasy or something an old artist made.
"Alan, let's dance!" Manon said grabbing hold of Alan's wrist.
"Wh-what?! Manon, wait I-" she'd already dragged him into the crowd of people, cutting off the rest of his sentence. I laughed because Alan had told me he couldn't dance. To be fair, I'm not the best, but he said he had two left feet when it came to dancing, so this should be interesting. Serena and I head over to the drinks. For a large room, they could've thought to add some air conditioning or at least windows. Clemont, Lillie, Bonnie, and Onikage followed. Calem and Blue danced close by, but they kept their distance. I rolled my eyes at him; he was trying way to hard. Serena took notice and looked his way, doing the same as I did.
"Ugh, you'd think he'd give up." She said annoyed.
"Yeah. I got a bad feeling about him." I muttered. Serena looked at me, then smiled.
"Well, no matter what happens, he's not ruining tonight, otherwise he's gonna have a nice meeting with the palm of my hand." She laughed. I'd admit, when she gets this mad, she scares me a little, but I can't be scared of her for long. She just can't be taken seriously with all that beauty. I get why Calem would want to ask her out. Well, who in their right mind wouldn't? But he's too persistent, and I know for a fact that girls don't like that (thanks Misty). Serena suddenly grabbed my hand.
"Come on, Ash. Let's dance!" She said.
"Wait, What? Serena, I can't da-woah!" Too late. She'd already pulled me onto the dance floor. It was one of those slow dances and I knew Serena was a way better dancer than I was. Heck, I could barely dance at all. Oh well. Looks like I don't have a choice. I grabbed Serena's waist with one hand and lifted her hand with the other. We danced around the dance floor and I did a surprisingly well for me. As we danced, everything else faded out around us and it was as if it was just the two of us. I spun her around and she came back to me. We stared at each other for a moment, and then the music faded out and an applause arose. Looking at Serena, I realized that I had to tell her soon.
"Serena, come with me for a sec." she nodded and I took her to a bridge outside. The stars shone bright as the moon'a glow glistened on the water.
"Sure is beautiful tonight, huh?" She said softly. I smiled.
"Yeah... Wanna know who's more beautiful?" She turned to me.
"Who?"
"You." I blush and look at her. Her face is bright red. I got closer to her.
"Listen, Serena, I've been thinking over the past month or so, and... well, I didn't know what to make of it at first... you're an amazing girl... gah, I guess what I'm trying to get at here is..." we were centimeters apart now.
"...I love you, Serena..." I whispered. Her eyes went wide and as our faces got closer, she closed them. A shooting star crossed the night sky as our lips met. I'd never had such an amazing feeling as I did then. As we drew apart, she whispered,
"I love you, too, Ash." We hugged and finally went back inside, our hands together. Second we got in, we were swamped by our friends. They all had those determined faces on.
"Uh... h-hi?" I say nervously. Is it just me or is it getting hot in here?
"What were you two doing out there?!" Calem said furiously. Apparently Blue'd ditched him. Figures, he was staring at Serena a lot.
"U-uh, just ta-talking." I stammered.
"I find that hard to believe." Bonnie chuckled. Kyle looked at me curiously.
"Yo, Ash. You okay? You look a little pale." So it was just me.
"Uh, y-yeah. I think I j-just need a d-drink. Be right back." I say. I told Pikachu to stay with Serena till I got back and headed for the drinks table. I got there and before I could pour myself a drink, something caught my eye. It was a dark shadow of a Pokémon of some sort. It was whispering something that sounded like my name. It darted off into the crowd of people. What was that about? I had to find out.
"Hey, wait!" I call after it and started chasing it. I chased it through the people and into the hall.
"Man, how is this Pokémon so fast?" I ask myself. We turn a dark corner and go into a mysterious room.
"I don't remember this hall here before. Whatever." The room was covered in black and dark purple wallpaper, and most of the furniture was covered in cloth. The only this that wasn't completely covered in cloth was something tall, but I couldn't quite make out what it was. I pull down the cloth to find myself staring at me. It was a mirror. There was some sort of scripture on the top, but it looked backwards, like a reflection. It read, imagak on imay. It looked like Japanese, so I tried my best to translate and flip the sentence.
"Mirror... of... Darkness." I said out loud. The mirror suddenly glowed a dark blue and purple and a gust of wind flew out of it.
"What's going on?!" I say to myself. The mirror then showed me another Japanese phrase. Thankfully my mom made me take that Japanese class a few years before I started training. The phrase was "hikari ga owari waruto, an yami ga ue gari, an I tamashii ha kare no hikari wo mi tsuke, sai mo akira rui hoshi ninaru," which meant "When the light is over, the darkness rises and the dark soul finds his light and becomes the brightest star." Wonder what that meant. Didn't really get a chance, because the shadows of the room started moving on their own, like they were alive. They were trying to drag me into the mirror. Thankfully, I got out of the room before they could and I slammed the door behind me. I breathed heavily for a second, and as I let out a final breath, I hear an insane laughter behind me. I turn to find another mirror, only I wasn't in it. No, Dark Ash was. He was laughing like a psychopath and said,
"I'm not done yet, Ash!" And he left with me leaning against the door trying to keep myself from falling over. I couldn't believe it. Dark Ash wasn't gone at all...
And he's coming back to finish what he started.