Rememberance... (Serena's PoV)

Flashback to when Ash first fell of the cliff...
"ASH!!!" I ran to the edge of the cliff and watched as he fell. I constantly screamed his name as the tears fell after him. I couldn't believe it. Ash might be dead... no... "NOOO!!!" I screamed as I sobbed. Clemont placed a hand on my shoulder and I could barely see Bonnie and Pikachu's horrified faces as the looked down. I got up, and turned around, full of rage. "You'll pay for that! BRAIXEN USE FLAMETHROWER!" Me and Clemont fought Lysandre for a good while, then we finally beat him. "Grr, this isn't over!" Lysandre said as he vanished. "we have to find Ash." I state. "Right. Let's head down and see if he's on the shore." We checked the riverside twice but couldn't find him. I was losing hope. What if he was really- "Look! That's Ash's hat!" Bonnie pointed out. I looked up and saw the red and white baseball cap Ash always wore. If his hat was here, then maybe... my eyes darted around where his hat was until I saw a limp body with a blue jacket and spiky raven hair laying on the ground on the other side of the river. "Over there!" I yelled as I ran into the water to get across faster. Pikachu jumped into my shoulder as I darted out. I didn't care if my shoes and clothes got wet. I needed to help Ash as soon as possible. I could hear splashes behind me and knew Bonnie and Clemont were following me. As I reached the other side, I instantly started for Ash. "Ash!" 'Pika!' I fell to my knees and place my hands on Ash's back shaking for him to get up. "Ash. Ash wake up!" I say loudly. I propped him on my lap and gasped. His whole face was cut up from the rocks, and so were his arms and legs. He also had a bruise on the side of his head. Bonnie and Clemont got there shortly after and Clemont helped me carry Ash on our shoulders to the nearest Pokémon Center. All I thought in my head as we ran was, hang in there, Ash. We'll get you some help soon. It took us about 30 minutes to get there. It would've been 20 if Clemont hadn't stopped 5 times to catch his breath. I'll admit, I took a breather during one of the stops, but not for too long. I was this close to just having Bonnie help me out. We finally reached the Pokémon Center, and Nurse Joy took Ash to one of the rooms. We waited for almost an hour, then Nurse Joy came out. I stood up, "How is he? Is he okay?" "His vital signs are normal, so yes. He just needs to take it easy for the next few days. He'll most likely be let out in a few days." "Okay. Thank you, Nurse Joy. May we go see him?" "Of course. He's the third door to the left." "Okay, thank you, Nurse Joy." We all sprinted down the hall and slowly entered Ash's room, and what I saw broke my heart. Ash was covered in bandages, mostly on his arms, forehead, and waist. He was still unconscious, but he looked insanely pale, and his breathing was too steady. He looked dead...
I came over to him slowly, and after I reached him, I gently grabbed his hand and started bawling. If he died, I don't know what I'd do. My dreams would be over. I might never preform again. "Please wake up, Ash. I need you." I whisper through my tears.
Back to present time
"U-umm, are y-you okay?" I shot up my head up to find Ash looking at me with his Chestnut brown eyes. "Ash!" I then tackled him in a hug as I smiled. "P-please... let go... can't... breathe!" He gasped. I was hugging him really tight. "Oh! Sorry!" I say as I let go. "It's fine I just have two questions." He asks. "Yeah, sure Ash. What is it?" He gave me a confused look. Why? "Umm, who are you people, and... who am I?" Those words pierced through me. He didn't remember us? How? Why? "Haha, Ash. That's not a very funny joke, so please stop messing with us." Bonnie says impatiently. "Umm, I'm not joking. I seriously have no clue who any of you are. And why do you keep calling me that name?" Ash says. I don't believe it. He really doesn't remember us at all... "because it's your name!" Bonnie says a little too loud. Ash let's out a painful noise as he holds his head. "What's wrong?" "It's fine, she just yelled a little too loud." "Oopsie, my bad." I was silent. He didn't remember me. "Umm, are you alright?" He didn't remember any of the adventures we had. "Hey, excuse me?" He didn't remember the summer camp or winning the Kalos leauge or- "HEY! Ahh!" Ash yelled and held his forehead in his hand. I guess I'd zoned out and he tried to get my attention. "Hmm? Oh! Sorry, I zoned out." "Uh, it's fine. Anyway, what should I call you guys?" "I'm Clemont, that's my little sister, Bonnie." "Hi there! This is Dedene." 'Denene!' "That's Pikachu, your partner in crime." 'Pi ka.' Pikachu sounded worried. Well, he had every right. He is one of Ash's longest friends. "And I'm Serena." I tried to get the shakiness out of my voice, but I couldn't. Ash had a concerned look on his face. "Are you sure you're alright... umm, Serena, right?" "Yeah. And I'm fine. I'm just a little surprised that you lost your memory." I felt a tugging in my heart to kiss him to see if that would remind him of anything, but I didn't. Instead, I turned to Clemont and asked, "Do you know what might be wrong with him?" Clemont placed his fingers on his chin. "Hmm, if my calculations are correct, the impact of Ash hitting the water so hard and it being, about 6 feet I'm guessing, might've caused him to hit his head once he hit the bottom and that in addition to the impact of the water must've given him amnesia." I gasped. Amnesia? That meant he wouldn't remember anything about us, his friends in the past, his Pokémon, or even himself. I felt horrible. Nurse Joy came in and told us visiting hours were ending, and we had to get to our room. We agree, and as I head out, I look at Ash, who smiled sleepily at me. He looked like he was going to fall asleep on the spot, but he was holding it back. I gave him a sad smile back and waved as I closed the door of the boy who didn't remember the boy of my dreams...
A/N: GOD THIS WAS A LONG CHAPTER! I guess I really got into it😅 anyway, hope y'all have a good night and I'll see you in the next chapter. Bye! - countrygirl1342