Serena's PoV

Ash had told someone else? When? To who? Now Serena was more curious than a Purloin. "Ash, what happened last time?" He was silent. Geez is he stubborn! Serena thought. She hopped branches. Thankfully she was so flexible and lean from her ryhorn training. She sat down next to Ash. He looked away. "Ash, please tell me." "Why did I even bother. I knew this would happen." He started shaking. His legs were wet. Serena put her arms around Ash's shoulders, and he put his head into her shoulder and grabbed her arm. She wanted to know, but she knew that she couldn't have him give her information when he was like this. So she just let him cry into her shoulder. Ash finally pulled back, and he just stared at her, giving her the same longing look that he did last night.  He let out a sigh and said, "When I was younger, I didn't have a lot of friends in school. I only had my 'Friend' Gary Oak. Then, there were the older kids. They would always make fun of me and say how stupid I was. I didn't let them get to me. One day, about a year after my stepdad left, he asked why he was never around anymore, and I felt like I could trust him, so I told him everything I told you. And then, the next day, I was sitting on a swing, and the older kids started beating me up. Then, the leader of the group said, 'no wonder why you're stepdad left. You're pathetic!' I was really surprised at that. At first I thought that they'd just overheard. But then I saw Gary smirking in the background. I realized he'd told them. I started to get tears in my eyes, and Gary then came up to me, grabbed my jacket collar, and said, 'What're you gonna do? Go cry home to your real daddy? Oh, wait. He's Dead!' Then he laughed in my face along with the other older guys. I started crying and I just ran. I ran home. My mom saw me and I just ran into her sobbing. She asked what was wrong and I told her. I then dropped out of school, and that was it. I never trusted anyone with that secret. Till now." He looked at her. She was starting to cry, only because she felt so bad for the horribly treated boy sitting next to her. They hugged again, and she didn't know why, but when they hugged, it was, different. She liked hugs as much as the next girl, but it was special when they hugged. Like something in a story. They finally started laughing and talking about other things. They were enjoying themselves a lot and she loved it. She never wanted it to end.