Ash's PoV

Ash felt light headed. He was sweating and he felt like he was in an oven. He'd been sketching in his journal again when Serena sat in front of him. He looked up and saw that she had a determined face on. "Ash, please let me see what's in that journal." Man she was curious. That was one of the things Ash liked about her; she wasn't afraid to take chances and try new things. Just like he did. Ash looked at her straight in the eyes, pretending to be serious, then smiled the dorkiest smile he could make and said, "nope! Sorry." "Aww come on, Ash. Please?" "Wouldn't do it if I wanted to." Ash then smiled again and Serena went back to her spot in defeat. Serena then looked at him for a while, but he pretended not to notice. She was looking at him with that look. The same look she gave him when they were talking two nights before. It meant that she was thinking, but also worried.
Don't worry. My plan will throw her off that I'm here.
How are you gonna do that?
You'll find out tomorrow.
That's what gets me worried.
Don't worry. It'll be fine.
Sure. That definitely doesn't trigger my this-is-a-bad-idea sense.
You know I can tell if you're being sarcastic right?
Yeah, I do. I just wanted to see if you'd notice.
Ugh. Whatever. And just like that, Onikage left Ash's thoughts. Ash then heard the rain outside. It was raining pretty hard. Just then, Ash heard a faint noise. It sounded like a pichu. Ash went outside to see what it was, turned and was about to go back inside, but then saw a pichu dangling from a cliff above the cave. Ash wanted to call for the others, but then Onikage came back.
Don't get them. Save the Pichu yourself!
But-
No Buts! Just GO!
Alright! Alright! Stop yelling in my head!
Ash then started to climb the wall of the cave and reached out for Pichu. "Come on, Pichu! Come over here." Ash stretched his arm out as far as he could and pichu jumped onto his arm. "Gotcha!" Suddenly, Ash's hand slipped from the grip he'd gotten and they started to fall.