The demon within ( Serena's PoV)

I stared in horror as Ash was engulfed with a cloud of purple smoke and heard his screams of pain.
"A-ash... wh-what's happening t-to you?!" I yelled out. He looked at me with agony in his eyes.
"S-Serena... Agh!" He curled over and hugged his sides. Pikachu was frantically trying to escape Bonnie's grasp to help it's trainer, but Bonnie only squeezed it harder in restraint. I started for Ash, too, but Clemont grabbed my wrist. I tried to pull away, but he had a much stronger grip than I thought, and my hand wasn't budging. I stared as tears welled in my eyes at the poor boy who had been trying to hold this in for who knows how long. Ash screamed one last time, louder and full of more pain than the others, before falling over onto his side, and his hat fell off as he landed. I finally wormed my way out of Clemont's grip and was about to run over to Ash when he slowly got up. I was happy for a split second, but then I noticed something was off. The purple smoke was more visible now, and it surrounded his whole body, and his hair was wilder now, like someone was permanently tussling it.
"Ash!" I screamed. he slowly turned his head so I could see half of it, and what I saw horrified me. His eyes were glowing a blood red, and his teeth were sharper and turned down in a demonic frown.

 His eyes were glowing a blood red, and his teeth were sharper and turned down in a demonic frown

He growled intensely, like a savage dog.    His eyes met mine, and I realized that I'd seen those eyes before. The other Ash from my dream so long ago had those same exact eyes. No... it wasn't possible. It couldn't be possible. And yet, there he was. The boy of my dreams possessed by an evil version of himself. My theory had been right about the demon possessing Ash. I only wish he'd told us sooner; we could've helped him. But now, I might never get my Ash back.
"Ash, what's going on?" Clemont asked, trying to sound brave like Ash would, which made the longing in my heart grow worse. The Dark Ash smirked deviously and grabbed him by the collar and said, "Sorry, but there's a new soul in this body. Your friend Ash is gone. I am Onikage, the heir to the throne of Pokelantis!" He laughed maniacally. I stared as the tears of fear and horror struck my eyes. I couldn't speak. My heart stopped. I couldn't breathe for a second, but it felt like forever. Time was slowing down, and all I could see was the boy I once knew and loved, now a completely different person. His eyes met mine again, but this time, it was different. His gaze wasn't the same as the gaze that would give me nightmares forever, but a more strained gaze; like he was trying to regain his original soul or something. I took a step forward, but my other foot seemed glued to the ground. Ash smirked and whispered something I could barely hear. I gasped as he vanished in a puff of black smoke.

That night, after Bonnie, Clemont, Pikachu and I had been searching for Ash for 5 hours, we decided to get some sleep. I asked Bonnie if she wouldn't mind sleeping with Clemont for a few nights. She agreed with a little hesitation, and I thanked her. She got her stuff into Clemont's tent as I set up my stuff. Pikachu slept with me that night because it's trainer wasn't there like he normally was, and it felt like it trusted me enough to sleep with me until Ash got back to normal. Pikachu fell asleep almost instantly, but I couldn't. The words Ash said still floated in my mind. I knew what he meant by it, but I wish he wasn't Dark Ash when he'd said it, because now, there were the two requests in my mind and the one actual phrase he said; "Ash wants you to stay away, I want you to tell them about Silver, and Ash wants me to say he loves you."