Chapter 14: New Challenge

Zander above/side

Zander's POV

I didn't see Derek or Bentley at school today. Scott didn't know anything about or so he says. I'm going by their house and ask Stephen. When I get their I climb out of my car and head up to the door. I knock on the door and Cammy opens the door.

"Alpha what can I do for you?" She asked smiling. Cammy is always so cheerful and I don't know how.

"I was wondering if Derek and Bentley are here because I didn't see them at school today." I said and I see her expression change.

"Bentley was attacked by a rogue last night." Stephen said walking up behind Cammy and I go wide eyed.

"Why wasn't I told?" I asked slightly pissed. I would like to be told when things like this happens.

"We didn't tell you cause Derek took care of the rogue quickly and there was only one around." He said. "Derek is with Bentley at the hospital. They should still be there." He said and I say thank you then head back to my car and drive to the hospital.

I head into the hospital and tell the nurse at the front desk I'm a friend of Bentley and wanted to check on him. She tell me to head to room 550 and I head there.

I open the door and see Derek sitting next to Bentley's bed. I head into the room closing the door slowly. I notice Derek caressing Bentley's cheek slowly. I walk over to the bed and I hear a low growl come from Derek.

"What do you want Zander?" He growls and looks over his shoulder and that's when I notice his eyes Amber rather then the normal brown.

"Jed I'm here to see my mate." I said and he gets up and turns towards me. I hope I don't have to fight.

"You need to leave him alone. He doesn't want you. I'm not going to let you have him." He snarls. This is going bad. Jed is more aggressive then Derek.

"He does want me." I growl and I blink and I'm pin to the wall. He snarls in my face.

"Leave, before you piss me off. I'm not letting you touch my mate." He snarls and I go wide eyed. Shit, talk about a new challenge to my life. This complicates things a lot.

"Fine, but he's still my mate. I will mate with him some day when we get to know each other better." I said cause I don't want to fight near Bentley. He lets go and I leave. Getting to Bentley has gotten a lot harder now.

Things are heating up now huh? This will be interesting.

AlphaoftheRedForest out