Chapter 6-Today's the Day

Zander's wolf, Phelax above/side

Today's the Day

Zander's POV

Today is the day, I'm eighteen years old. I get the Alpha title and I get to start looking for my mate. I've been waiting along time for this day.

I got up early to get a head start on this day. Papa said I get to stay home today. I don't care if I got up early today. I do my morning routine and head downstairs, where I see dad making breakfast.

"Morning dad." I said kissing his cheek. "Morning Zander. Why are you up so early?" He asked. "I wanted a early started." I replied smiling. "Well, I'm making you a special breakfast today." he said smiling. "Your my favorite." I said. "Who do think got him pregnant with you." Papa said walking into the kitchen. "I don't, Parker maybe." I said smirking and he growls but dad pulls his ear. "I will cut off sex for a month and you will be sleeping on the couch, if you do that again." dad warned and papa eyes go wide. "I'm sorry for growling." papa said pouting and I laugh. "It's ok." I said.

I help papa get up the rest of the family then we all head into the dining room. Dad and Parker plate the food. We eat and I don't really pay attention to the conversations. We finish eating and clean up. The kids head to their rooms to get ready for school. I head to the backyard and relax on the hammock we have on the porch. Cameron(Parker's uncle) comes out of the house with Tristan(Parker's other uncle). They sit on the bench across from me. "So, how are you this morning?" Cameron asked. "Good, can't wait to find my mate." I said. "Just be patient and you'll find him or her." he said. I nod and go back to relax. The coronation is at 7 pm tonight. It in 11 hours from now.

I decide to go for a run through the woods. I get off the hammock and head towards the tree. I take of my clothes and shift. I shake out my fur. I run into the woods for a while until I decide to head back home. I get back to the house and pull on my boxer briefs and shorts then grab my shirt. I head into the house and see that it is 3 pm. Wow that was a long run. I was out there for a good 3 hours, 4 hours left. I head to my room and take a shower. After I finish in the shower I decide to head to the game room and play for the last 3 hours.

*2 and a half hours later*

"Zander time to get ready." papa said through the link. "Ok." I said back and get off the couch and turn the tv and WiiU off. I head to my room and head out back. I walk over to where dad and papa are.

"You ready son?" Papa asked. "Yeah, just a little nervous." I said nervously. "You'll be fine." dad said and I nod and take a deep breath. Dad and papa walk onto the stage and motions me over. I walk over to them and stand next to them and the pack looks at us.

"Everyone my son has turn eighteen today." papa's voice boomed and everyone cheers and settles down when papa holds his hand up. "He will be taking over the pack." He said and looks at me and I look at him. "I, Paul Storm, Alpha of the Crimson Lake pack. Pass down my title of Alpha to my son Zander Storm." He said and I feel stronger. "I accept." I said and he and dad smile and the pack cheers.

I look at the pack and raise my hand up and the quiet down. "Everyone lets go for a run." I said and I shift along with papa and dad climbs onto his back. The rest shift and we run into the woods.

We get back from the run and we shift and pull on some clothes. I still haven't found my mate. We start the party and I look for Derek, but don't find him. I learn that he is heading over to get Bentley and Mrs. Cammy.

I'm talking with my Beta, Kevin, and my Third, Sebastian. "How's does it feel being the Alpha?" Kevin asked. "I feel a lot stronger. How abou..." I start but stop when I smell the most intoxicating smell that has my wolf going crazy and trying to claw his way out. It smells like cinnamon apples and chocolate, weird combat but I don't care.

"Mate." He shouted and I start looking around. I walk around and smell it coming from Bentley. Bentley is my mate?! This is going to be hard. First I have to get through Derek then get Bentley to like me. I see Bentley and Derek cuddling together on the bench. My wolf doesn't like and takes control. He makes us walk over to them.