Chapter 13: Try to Hide the Truth

I'm extremely sorry for the wait. Writers block has been a true terror to me lately. But I got this chapter done. The next chapter for 'Daddy's Little Pup' will be up in a couple of days. Bare with me pups.

The red eyed wolf above/side

Try to Hide the Truth

Derek's POV (surprised?)

I wake up in the middle of the night and see Bentley is not to next to me. Fear hits me in the gut. Zander you didn't.

I growl lowly and get out of bed and sniff the air. I smell a rogue close and that's when I hear barking then glass break followed by Bentley's scream of pain. I shift and run downstairs and see the rogue biting Bentley's leg.

 I shift and run downstairs and see the rogue biting Bentley's leg

Derek's wolf Jedidiah

Jed's POV

I take control and snarl lowly and the rogue let's go of Bentley and looks over at me. No rogue hurts my little one and gets to live to regret it. I attack the rogue locking my jaws around it and thrash it around violently. I see Bentley limp up the stair but I hear him fall and I drop the dead rogue.

I rush over to the stair shifting in the process and see Bentley passed out. Panic shots through me and I pick him up. I head to my parents room and bang on the door. I hear my dad's muttered curses.

"What do you..." he stops dead sentence when he sees Bentley. "What happened?!" He yells waking Mom in the process.

"Rogue broke in and attacked him but I took care of it." I said. "I'm taking him to hospital." I said as my dad wraps one of his shirts around Bentley's leg to stop the bleeding.

"Get dressed and I'll drive you there." He said pulling a shirt on and some jeans. I head to Bentley's and my room to pull sweatpants and a tank top on.

We head to the car and drive to the hospital. We arrive at the hospital and tell the people at the front desk he was attacked by a bear. They believe us cause there's a lot of bears around here. We wait, more like pace, outside the ER as the stitch up the claw and bite marks.

A nurse take us to the room he's in and let us inside. I walk over to the bed and pet Bentley's hair as he sleeps.

"He'll be up later tomorrow." The nurse said then leaves. I ignore her and my dad nods. I'm just glad he's ok.

"Jed go home and get some rest before school starts." Stephen said but I shake my head. "You need sleep. Now go back home." He said

"I'm not leaving him. I'm staying here." I said pulling a chair over and sitting in it. Stephen sighs knowing he won't win this fight. He says good night and heads home. I know Derek isn't going to school without Bentley.

Surprised? Why do you think Jedidiah called Bentley 'little one'. If you have a question about anything, send me a message and I'll answer it the best I can without spoiling anything about the story. Again sorry for the extremely long wait.

AlphaoftheRedForest out