Here goes Nothin'...

Sierra's POV
Early Mornin'

                          Well... today is the day. My first day back to work after the ugliness that happened there. I'm nervous, but I know it will be ok. I've made my peace with it. Diego's worried, but I assured him I'll be fine. We made it back from Vegas a couple of days ago, Skye was so excited to see us. She went right to Diego. " Dada.. come.. up.. UP!!" She started callin him that even before we lost Mia, she didn't mind it, it's almost like she knew her time was short on this earth. She refers to me as "Sie sie" which I'm fine with. My mama has agreed to watch Skye for me when I'm workin... which is a huge help, I don't want her in some cramped daycare all day. She's a free spirit that one, she needs to spread her wings and explore. And mamas place is perfect fer that. Plus Diego isn't to far away.

                        Diego took Skye to mamas this morning. He then went to work himself, he made me promise that if I felt any type of way when I got to work, that I would come right home. I did as he asked. I promised. I made my way to town, soon seein the bar in my sites. I got a tinge of sadness as I got closer but I was ok. I got out of the truck and made my way to the front door. I have to admit, I had butterflies, but as soon as I opened that door and smelled the familiar scent of whiskey and leather my mind eased and my butterflies went away. This was my home, my life and I had to get back to it. I found John in his office, goin over paperwork. " Hey John, I'm goin to go set up ok?" John looked up and got up to give me a hug. " You ok sierra?, don't want ya pushing yer self ok?" I smiled at his concern. " I'm good John, ready to get back to work." He nodded and left me to it. I walked into the bar, it was the same as the day I started working here, all those years ago. I ran my hand down the leather bumper, slowly as I got to the end, I found myself standing at the same spot, near the register where I shot mia's old man. Flashes of that day, comin at me like I was watching a movie in my head. I let it play out, dealing with the emotion it caused me to have. Tears streamed down my face, seein that faithful day play out. It took me about fifteen minutes to pull myself together, but I did it. I got back behind the bar and started to set up. Cook came in, and got started on lunch. Then my regulars started filtering in, one by one.. Givin me the love and support I greatly needed.

                         I had a pretty good crowd by the time my new husband came in around six. He stopped by mamas and got Skye, both of them came to see me. Skye reached her arms out, and gave me a huge hug, like she knew I needed it. Diego smilin, I leaned over and kissed his cheek. " Howdy cowboy.. How was yer day?" Diego whispered. " I missed cha, more important.. how was yers.?" I gave him a small smile. " It was ok, I'm ok. Promise."