Back In The Saddle...

Diego's POV

We left the farmers market with a bunch of stuff and Sierra was happy for the first time in days. Not a hundred percent yet, but she was gettin there and that made me thankful and confident that the Sierra I grew to love with all my heart was on her way back. Now came the part where I had to covince her to go to the bar. We were headin back home when I told Sierra that John had called and needed to see Sierra right away, somethin about her paycheck got messed up and he needed her there to sign some papers. She wasn't thrilled, but she figured we had to go, get it set right. My plan was comin together, and I was gettin nervous. I hope she doesn't get upset with me for lyin to her, but after she sees everyone, I think she will forgive me.

Sierra's POV

The farmers market was great. I picked up a bunch of fruit and veggies, a beautiful bouquet of gerber daisies, my favorite fer the table at home. Diego told me we had to stop at the bar on the way home, somethin about my check. We parked the truck and got out, the bar was busy today and I felt bad fer John. He must be knee deep in customers. Diego opened the door fer me, and I walked in. " SURPRISE" is all I heard as I adjusted my vision from light to dark. There, stood all my friends, my mama and daddy and all my regular customers. Clappin and hootin for me. I looked over at Diego, confusion written all over my face. " What's goin on Diego?" I said, still shocked. Diego came over and wrapped his hands around my waist, and looked down at me. "This is your " Gettin' back in the saddle party darlin' , all these people came when I called um, to show ya how much they love ya, and hoped it would remind ya how much we care. Make ya feel better, just cause the SOB came back, don't mean he can pull ya down with him. Your stronger then that Sie, and we all know it. Were hopin you will remember it too." Diego's eyes were loving and watery, what he said was like a light went on in my soul. He was right, I am stronger then that. And I can come out of this stronger then ever, be proud of myself for survivin. A couple of tears fell down my cheeks, as Diego wiped them away, he said " I love ya Sierra, you are all I ever wanted, we can get threw this together" I smiled wide, and turned around to face all my friends and family. They clapped and yelled, making me laugh and smile wider. " Thank you everyone, this means more to me then you will ever know. Now, let's get this party started!!"

Sierra and Diego went around and thanked everyone fer comin, hugging and laughin with her mama and daddy. The night was filled with loud music, drinking and eatin. Dancin too. It was exactly what Sierra needed, the love of a good man and her friends and family to pull her right back where she belonged. She couldn't imagine bein anywhere else but here in this very moment. It filled her heart with all the love she could handle. Diego and Sierra ended up leavin the party around 1 am. They headed home for well deserved good night sleep, well that's what Diego thought anyway. Sierra had other plans.

Sorry for the short chapter... The next one will make up for it. I promise.