Mendin' old wounds...

Diego pulled up to the front of the house, Sierra still a shakin mess as he came around to open her door. He carried her bridal style into the house, settin her real gentle onto the couch. Diego went into the kitchen, grabbin the whiskey and two glasses out of the cabinet, along with a pack of smokes. He sat next to Sierra, and poured them both a shot, handing Sierra hers. She slammed it back, and motioned for him to fill her up again. He obliged. Sierra lit up a smoke and inhaled deeply. Tryin to calm herself down. The whiskey was pumpin through her vines and she felt the warmness take over. Diego just sat there, his gaze locked on her, waitin for her to say somethin. He didn't want to push her, but he did want to know if she was gonna come out of this all right. Sierra took a deep breathe. She looked over at Diego, who still was starin at her. " I was 19 when I first met him, he was sweet and kind for years, just a friend. Then when I was 22, we started dating. It turned to shit quickly, and he use to beat me. Not often but enough to ruin my self esteem and my confidence." Diego sat and let her tell her story of abuse and betrayal. Letting her get it all out. " Last time I saw him, he was bein pulled off me by the sheriff. I spent 3 days in the hospital in Vegas. I had multiple injuries and a broken collarbone. He was sent upstate and I never heard or saw him again... Until today." Sierra took another swig of her whiskey, feelin alittle better that it was all off her chest now.

Diego placed his hand on her face gently, wiping the tears away from her cheeks with his thumb. " I'm sorry that happened to ya Sie, ya never deserved it and it wasn't your fault. Ya know that right?" Sierra shook her head. "I do now, didn't feel that way back then." Diego looked at her with love and compassion. " I'm thankful you didn't get hurt worse today. When the sheriff called and told me what was happenin', I couldn't believe it. It didn't make sense." Sierra looked down, knowin he meant he didn't know about it. " I wanted to leave that shit part of my life in the past D, where it belonged. I never in a million years thought he would show his pitiful face in this town again." Diego nodded, knowing she was sincere. " Well, he won't be back, and it's a good thing to, if he ever showed up again Sierra, I wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet in between his eyes." Sierra knew Diego was not lyin.. She could see the hate he had fer Tyler Ray in his blue eyes. " Sierra agreed, he wouldn't be walkin out of this town.

Sierra's cell phone buzzed, she looked down and saw it was her mama a callin. " I gotta take this, she's heard about what happened." Diego got up and walked outside to the porch, lighting up another cigarette. He was in deep thought when Sierra came outside slowly, wrapping her sore arms around his waist. " Gotta go see mama when I'm fellin better, she's worried." Diego gently turned around, and leaned down, placing a soft kiss on Sierra's lips. She sighed, knowin she loved this man like no other. " I'll take ya in a day or two" Diego said calmly after their loving kiss. " Come take a bath with me? I think I might need help gettin undressed, my arms are killin me." " Yes ma'am, whatever ya need darlin', I'm not leavin yer side Sie." Just that statement alone, started the tears flowin again. Sierra still shakin up, she hugged Diego, wrapping her arms around his thick neck. Diego picked her up again, carrying her to the bathroom. " I'm never gonna let anything like that happen to ya again sweetheart, I'll always be here Sie, I love ya girl" Diego whispered into her ear as he put her down. She gave Diego a small smile, tryin to regain her composure. " I love you Diego, more then I've ever loved anyone."

Diego carefully took Sierra's shirt off, noticing the blue and purple outline of a hand on her upper arm. He took his time gettin the rest of her clothes off, he helped her get in the tub, makin sure the water wasn't to hot. Sierra stepped in gingerly, and sunk down. Closing her eyes as the water soothed her aching body. She opened her eyes and looked up at Diego. " Join me, please. I need cha D." Diego nodded, stripping his clothes off and slowly got behind Sierra. They spent a good hour, just soakin in silence. The day's events fresh in their minds. Diego washed Sierra's hair, and got her cleaned up. Then he washed himself. He got out, wrapping a towel around his waist and got Sierra out of the tub. She was still sore, but felt warm and sleepy. He took her into their bedroom and layed her down, makin sure not to bump her around to much. As soon as Sierra's head hit the pillow, she was asleep. Exhaustion taking over. Diego slipped in beside her, holding her close but not too tight.