Decisions..

Sierra was speechless. Her breathe hitched in her chest, and her mind was buzzing. She had to come up with something quick, or she could blow this whole thing away into the dust. " She looked up into Diego's " tell me to stay" expression on his face. " Well, if that's the case, you better take that job. And I'll help you look for a place, get you settled..." Diego smiled, almost ear to ear and rubbed his thumb over sierra's  cheek. " I'm gonna go talk to Duke" " Alright then, come back later, and I'll make you some supper" " Yes ma'am "  Sierra made a bold move, and leaned up, kissed Diego ever so softly on his cheek. She lingered there for a second, feeling his warm stubbly cheek on hers. Diego let out a soft breathe and eased into her. Just this simple embrace had them both frozen in time. Sierra snapped out of her daze and pulled away gently. She smiled at him, and he looked at her with such warmth and caring it almost took her breathe away. They parted with a plan, and Sierra realize that she was now the center of attention in the middle of the bar. She just smiled and swatted her bar rag at one of her regulars. Who was still shocked at what just happened.

                                                                        The afternoon was slow, but Sierra didn't mind, her thoughts were on that dark cowboy, who confessed his feelings for her like there was no tomorrow. But she had to admit to herself, the feeling is mutual and she can't wait to see where this was headin. She found a couple of places in the local paper, circled them, and she was goin take Diego there tomorrow when he got done his first day of work. It was her day off, but she didn't mind. She would do just about anything with him, sit in a sagebrush bush if she had too. He had that kind of effect on her. The night shifters came in for supper, and the place was pickin up. Sierra was washing some glasses when Diego came in for his promised supper. " There you are" she said in a low sly tone. Diego cocked his head and looked at her, as he let out a small chuckle. " We got some Three bean chili on special tonight? Would you like that, or somethin else?"  "That sounds real good Sierra, thank you" She nodded and put the order in." So, how was Duke? Did ya get everything figured out?" "Yes ma'am we did. I start at 8 am, and get down around 4." Ok, sounds good. Oh and hey, I found some places, in the paper if you wanna go look at them? After work tomorrow?" Your gonna need to get settled, since your droppin roots and all" .

                                                                       She looked at Diego with a shit eaten grin on her face and he knew that this girl was the one that he's been waitin on. He was fallin for her, hard and fast and he didn't know how to much more he could take. He wanted her so bad he could taste it. He could feel it. She was doin the two step into his heart, and he was ready. Ready for whatever happened. " There ya go sir, I gave ya some sweet cornbread too, just in case ya needed alittle somethin to sop up the chili with." " Thank you" "No problem, my pleasure". Diego placed his hand around Sierra's, as to say thank you for everything. She blushed and went to clean up the dinner plates off the tables. Smilin to herself as she walked away. Diego ate his dinner quickly, he was hungry and the chili was so damn good. But it was gettin late, and he had to get up early to start his new job, his new life really. " Hey sierra, I'm gonna go, can ya walk me out if your not to busy" Sierra came around the bar. " I sure can" " HEY ERNIE, WATCH THE BAR FOR ME WOULD YA" and they both stepped outside. " what's u.. " and before she could finish her sentence, Diego put both his hands on her face, motionless, Sierra looked into his piercing blue eyes as he moved in and placed a soft wet kiss on her lips. She stopped breathin from the surprise of it, but then relaxed into it, putting her arms around his waist lightly. The touch of his lips on hers was like every good thing she could imagine.

                                                     Diego pulled away first and Sierra followed. She had to blink her eyes once or twice, that was one hell of a kiss. " Have a good day tomorrow, meet me back here at 5 ok?" Diego wiped his bottom lip with his thumb, then wiped hers. " Yes ma'am , thank you for dinner....and the dessert" Sierra blushed beet red at his comment. " Your welcome, be careful tomorrow"  " I will , I promise."