chapter 48

three months later....

reader pov

when he said he was giving me everything, he really meant it. bank cards, account numbers, his entire identity was at my fingertips. i made the mistake of asking how he made all of this money. next thing i knew, i was being led through his HQ, just a 20 minute commute from his house. given the entire run down of how every business works. richest person in the world doesnt even begin to cover how much money he has.

(author's note: to put it in perspective by bring it into our world: Nea would be the sole owner of Microsoft, Samsung, Apple, and JP Morgan Chase banking system. he would already be the richest just owning Microsoft)

he was able to retire at 24 with the money he had but kept working up until he was 38. makes a million bucks a minute. literally. its really something else. really changes how you view the world. there are actually rich people who arent complete assholes. i sighed. i heard my name being called. it was finally time to walk across the stage. i made my way over, wearing the classic robes of a graduate. nothing stood out about me.

i was happy. ill be honest. little shaken by the sheer amount of money and how nea's business works. its something else. i was handed the certificate. 'bachelor's in Business management'. pretty ironic. my degree turned out to be the perfect one for running nea's business. he was smiling as i moved to stand  with the other graduates, right next to all my friends. great we been friends just over four years now but this is the real test. college is over. we all have our degrees. we all got different degrees so that means we will have different jobs. different pursuits in life. i just want us to stay together. i was thinking of bringing them on the trip around the world but...well i had dreamed of doing it with the man i loved. just us against the world for roughly six months. he has more than enough money. paid off all my student loans and i live with him so none of that matters. after the ceremony, we got pictures and everything. we all met up in probably the most nostalgic place i could remember: a space behind the bleachers in the football stadium. it was where we really took the opportunity to get to know each other. now...we are here to see where we wanna go after this.

"ill admit, i didnt think we would make it this far...." kazaana started. it was just the four of us. same in the beginning. when no one was in a relationship. no one was married. just us against the world. "...but im glad we did. im just....im a little worried. at this point, we pretty much have no reason to see each other ever again. all of us have different degrees. different dreams. different goals in life. how are we gonna bridge the gap that's torn apart every friendship founded in college?" he asked. some groans in agreement. "ill bridge it..." i said, making everyone look at me. "...i mean, you guys were there when i wasn't the richest guy in the world so why wouldn't i want you guys around now that i am?" i said. "yeah but you gonna be gone for like six months. how are we susposed to survive when lets all be honest, you are the reason we are here right now," said edgar. "we will be just fine. you know how i know? because we are friends. we dont need any more than that. lets all face it: without each other, we would return to how we were before. we are the reason we all are in relationships. hell, we are the reason we all were able to walk across the stage together. kaz was always available to help us with homework and make sure we kept up with our studies. chalker kept us all motivated to work to keep ourselves above water. edgar....shit. you were pretty useless," edgar just shrugged. everyone chuckled. "i told you guys what i wanted in the beginning and ill keep telling you guys for the rest of our lives if i have to. i want lifelong friends. i dont want college buddies. at this point, people would lose the motivation to keep in contact and fucking make sure that we were always available to meet up and hang out, figuring that our lives would derail someone else's. that at this point, we would all have to grow up. well i got news for you guys, im grown as fuck. been through alot of shit since before college and everything. why am i always the only one with the motivation to keep us all together? are you guys really ok with never seeing each other again? sure i was the reason we got together but are you guys really ok with the fact that if i were to die for whatever reason tomorrow, you guys wouldn't have a reason to be together? that's a fucking insult to me. that's telling me that you guys only talk to each other because of me. shit...." i didnt even know that i had all of this in me. they were just pouring out. im glad i wasn't the only one though. everyone in the group was crying at this point.